I've bought secondhand Flex 6300. How can I tell if it's licenced for ssdr V2?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Hello all.
I'm waiting for FedEx to deliver my new ( to me) 6300. Is there any easy way to check if I'm lucky enough to have got one licensed for ssdr V2.
I don't know which to download and try.
Thanks
Roy G3VDS NE5R
Photo of Roy Higham

Roy Higham

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • excited

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Mack McCormick

Mack McCormick, Elmer

• 324 Posts
  • 116 Reply Likes
Download and install SmartSDR 2.0.19. It will ask for a license purchase if the radio does not have one.

Mack
W4AX
Alpha Team
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2270 Posts
  • 904 Reply Likes
Hi Roy and welcome to the club!

The only way to tell is to download the 2.0 software from flex and try connecting. If it’s not licensed for 2.0 it will tell you. Also hover over the radio in the chooser and it will tell you the max version it’s licensed for.

Sales should also be able to tell you if you have the serial number but they’re slammed right now so best way is to check for yourself :)

Ria
(Edited)
Photo of Roy Higham

Roy Higham

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you Mack and Ria
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 640 Posts
  • 195 Reply Likes
If you purchased one of the certified preowned from flex as I did it comes with the version 2 software and a 2 year warranty
Photo of N0AZZ

N0AZZ

• 38 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
You could ask the seller, or like my 6500 bought from Flex a preowned it came with the latest installed with warranty 2 yrs.
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2270 Posts
  • 904 Reply Likes
This should have been something disclosed by the seller but it is very likely that if it wasn't disclosed then it is licensed for 1.x only.

Only because if it's licensed for 2.x the seller would tout that as a feature that would fetch a quicker sale and/or more money. 

If it's licensed for 1.x you can still buy the 2.0 upgrade when you get it up and running. 

Ria
(Edited)