Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Issues Updating 6400M or 6600M w/ 2.6 or 3.1

Rick  WN2C
Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
What issues have you had after loading 2.6 or 3.1. Has it bricked your radio or caused other problems. Not looking for issues with other programs run on a computer just the radio itself.

Answers

• Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    No issues here. Couldn’t have been smoother upgrading to 3.1.7. (Flex 6400 and Maestro)
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019

No issues here. Was running 1803 with SmartSDR 2.5.1. Loaded in 2.6.0 everything worked fine.

To see if 2.6.0 would retain its DAX integrity, I forced 1803 to 1903 using the below URL:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

After 1903 was loaded and updates made, 2.6.0 was working with no problem at all. I appears the Windows update problem with DAX is corrected. The computer was a Dell Inspiron.

Also loaded 2.6.0 on another computer (Surface Pro version 5). No problems there either.

Jim, K6QE

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    None.  Just a couple of minutes and back on the air.
  • N4QM
    N4QM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Not a single issue upgrading.  Radio is connected via ethernet to the router.  The last few updates I have backed up my profiles just in case, but have not needed to use the backup. This was the case this time as well.  Everything went smoothly and as expected.  HP DC7900 Win7 PC, 4GB RAM. SmartControl is pretty cool too.

73, de N4QM
  • VE3DZP
    VE3DZP Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Nada, ever.
  • Val  DM1TX
    Val DM1TX Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Absolutely no issues updating at 2.6 whatsoever. Smooth.
    73, de DM1TX
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Upgraded several radios, PCs and Maestros to 3.1.7 so far.  One PC needed additional reboots as described in the release notes, but most didn't.  

All working good!  

As usual be generous with your rebooting, and follow the upgrade procedure.  They help make things go smooth.

Smooth sailing!

Steve
    K9ZW
  • Gene Duprey
    Gene Duprey Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    No issues at all, upgraded from 3.0x. Using a 6500 with a Maestro, vers. A.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Perfect here.
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Thank you all for replying. Now if I can just get over the auto save mic profile thingy then I might just upgrade to 2.6 or even bite the bullet and pay for 3.1.
    Thanks again.

• Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I was looking for those that have upgraded the M model to see if there were any issues. After reading the forum here since 2.61 has come out there seems to be issues with it, It seems that the issues those are having are those using SSDR w/ a computer.

I am looking for those using just the M model stand alone.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    hi rick

i have 6600M...no issues going form 3.1.7 to 3.1.8

My 6600m is connected to gigabit switch to router (with wifi on) to gateway

Turned the rig on one day, saw 3.1.8 was in the list on the radio itself that needed to be downloaded/updated.   So i did. two minutes later...all done and working... with the usual cold boot of course ...

then i updated the various VM Windows 10 machines i have to 3.1.8.
    yep....no problem there either...

with in 15 minutes had the 6600M listen to two SSB nets on 40m
    while on my ipad (aka my wife's ipad)  i was working some FT8 on 30m
    all this going at the same time...

luv V3 multi-flex here

Paul K3SF

• N4QM
    N4QM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I run my 6400M 95% from the panel of the radio, and I have had no issues with any upgrade since the mid 2.4 and up.  I always back up my profiles before, but lately haven't needed to use them, even with the upgrade from 2.x to 3.x.  It has always been a smooth process for me.

73, de N4QM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.