Issues connecting to Smartlink via Telstra (in Australia)

• Question
  • Updated 4 days ago
Hi All. This is probably a question for Australian members of our community. I'm trying to set up Smartlink on a friends 6500 who is connected to Telstra (not mobile or wireless) using a Sagemcom modem. I have set up port forwarding and clicking on the test section of SSDR, all appears OK. I have also set up my own radio on his account from my house but while mine is accessable via Smartlink, I still cant see his radio, and on his PC running through the same modem that his radio is on, he can't see my radio. I suspect that the router is still blocking the connection to the Smartlink server. Any ideas?
Photo of VK6SJ

VK6SJ

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 6 days ago

Photo of Robert Kearbey

Robert Kearbey

• 12 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I hope he is making the mistake I made. I had established two Smartlink account. One through google. As a result nothing would. I could see my friends radio on Smartlink but not mine. Just sayin
Photo of Tony Taddeo

Tony Taddeo

• 62 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
I am using Telstra internet via NBN with no issues. If you have used the test button to test your port forwarding setting and it is reporting it is working, I would suggest this is not your issue. Perhaps recheck that ‘Remote On’ is enabled (blue) on the Radio tab, Settings->Radio Setup .

Tony
VK5TT