Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is max power upon startup modifiable?

Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
edited March 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Does the present level of Persistence control RF Power? As far as I can tell, SSDR always starts with the Power slider to max. 2nd thing I do is lower it to Min so I can set up without fear of tripping out due to wrong antenna of amp selected. Am I missing a setting or is max power on start up by design? As always, pse and tu.

Answers

• Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Bill, With the existing Beta v1.0.24, the RF power and also the Tune power per band is present with persistence, at least it works for me. I believe you do need to set the values per band. I hope you get it working as I know that it is important. 73's Joe Torrey WD5Y
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited January 2017
    Thank you Joe, By the way, you were a pretty good catcher. LOL I just started SSDR and it indeed started as I had left it...at rf minimum. As I can't transmit without crashing the program, I must not have realized that it was starting in the "last known working" settings. It seems like rfi causing the crash, although PSDR works fine at a full KW. Haven't found the glitch. I'm just about at the delete/remove and re-install although I know that RARELY fixed anything.. Thank you for the help.
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Bill, If you can go to a dummy load without dropping , you may have RF getting into your network, either one of the network cables or switches, try some ferries in various cables or disconnect different switches.
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Bill, Glad to hear that the power settings are being remembered. I'm sorry to hear about the RFI, I also had some issues but not causing program crashes. I found that I had a problem with "common mode RFI", it was getting back into the radio from the outer shield of my coax. I installed a "line isolator" from "radio works", they have one that will go up through six meters, I believe it is labeled as "T4 Plus". I only installed between radio and amp but sometimes you might want to go in between the amp and other stage as well, (antenna tuner or antenna switch). I know RFI can really be trying especially when you see it only on one setup beside another one that is not being affected. It could be something as simple as coax or ground wire lengths or even the combination. In my case I had many connections also that did not help either. After doing away with as many coax connections as possible and installing the line isolator my setup is RFI free. Wish you the best, I wish I could have dropped the "Y" off of my name for a while and learned how to catch a baseball as it would have paid off dearly - Hi Hi. 73's Joe Torrey WD5Y
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Dudley, I have so many 'ferrites' on my cables...I can barely lift them. LOL
    The price you pay for living right UNDER my antennas on a Chicago size city lot.
    My F6K is pretty good and rfi rarely rears it's ugly head with that rig.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.