Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is 6700 ready to use remotely in my house ?

John Molenda
John Molenda Member
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Is the 6700 ready to be used remotely in my house ? or will I need to run a Ethernet cable from my shack downstairs to my kitchen upstairs ? Or will I need a wifi repeater to remote the radio to my laptop upstairs in the kitchen ? thanks John kb2huk

Answers

• Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    John, The simple answer is yes however you will need some way to connect your 6700 to the network in your home. You will either need an Ethernet cable or a WiFi connection at your radio in order to network it. The radio does NOT have a built in WiFi adaptor. Currently the remote power on feature of the radio is not supported so you will have to turn the radio on/off with the front panel switch. You will also need some way of hearing the audio from the radio - streaming audio is a feature on the software roadmap. I operate my radio remotely using a balanced audio link to move the audio from my radio into the house - about 300 feet in my case and carried over a spare CAT5 cable. Stu K6TU
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    With a Remote Rig anything is possible. When DAX comes out in version 1.1 you may be able to do remote operation without the additional hardware expense of Remote Rig.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.