Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is 2 Meter Transmit on the 6700 not yet implemented?

Options
W5UN_Dave
W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I tried transmitting SSB on 2 meters with my 6700, but see no output. Is 2 meter transmit not yet activated on the 6700? Does anyone produce an amplifier needed to boost the low output up to, say, 50 watts or so??

Answers

• Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Since FM is not listed until the end of the road map, I think that we will be seeing a lot of other new features first.
  • pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited December 2013
    Options
    At 2 Meter I could see +7 dBm on the XVTR output. So You need some 40 dB lineair PA. For RX on 2 Meter You would also need some 20 to 30 dB peamp. pa0bie
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Robert, I have no interest in FM at all, only CW ad SSB (for the digital mode WSJT) for EME operation
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    From what I understand, the 6700 doesn't have a PA stage for 2 (or 4) meters. Thus, only the "transverter" output is available for use. The receiver should be fine, though. Can you hear well on 2m ssb now?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.