Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is this power line noise?

Ken Golubski
Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in Maestro
I see this everyday now in our new location at this campground. I haven't seen it before.image

Answers

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Is your, or a neighbor's wash machine running?  Looks similar to PWM driver interference.
  • Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    No.....we are in a more than half empty campground. Nothing at all running in our camper. This same camper at different locations, does not show this. That's why I suspect it has something to do with the location.
    A power transformer is about 900 feet away from us.

• Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I should add that this is only between 8Mhz and 5.2 Mhz
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I have a wall wart that makes noise which looks just like that, although a bit fainter. Squirms around a bit and slowly migrates in frequency. Do you have neighboring campers?
  • Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    No neighbors yet. The weather here is still pretty cool and wet.
    BUT....I think you're on to something.....there is a wall wart in the radio cabinet I will move to test. I wish I would have thought of that.

Thank You !!!

• Steve WS5W
    Steve WS5W Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I had a switching inverter on my camping trailer that look very much like that.
  • Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks to all.......it was the wall wart in the radio cabinet. I'm back to being a happy camper :)
    (pun intended).
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Might be Solar Panels???
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I have a bunch of old AC to DC wall wart's. When I find a new one that makes noise I trade it out. Be nice of the FCC enforced it's own rules.
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I have some monitors that radiate something similar. I think its the cheap design of the power supplies, thank you FCC in allowing the cheap Chinese junk to be imported ! I would gladly pay a few pennies more for something that doesn't spew out and radiate garbage ! 
  • Joel Swapp KO6FL
    edited May 2019
    I gue As I am not literate but what is a wall watt?? I have strange signals on my radio.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    You know - those little solid state power supplies that plug into the wall to power your 12V or 5V devices - like the charger for your phone, or the AC power supply for your laptop.  Those are wall warts because that's what they resemble.
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    remember the good ol days when they did their jobs?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.