Is there still a Flex net on 20M on Sundays?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago

I think there used to be a notice on the old Flex Web site about a 20M net on Sundays.  I can't find any reference to it on the redesigned page.  Does anyone know if the group still meets?

tnx,  Nick

Photo of Nick

Nick

• 47 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jay -- N0FB

Jay -- N0FB, Elmer

• 535 Posts
  • 212 Reply Likes
Yes it does. 1 PM CST on 14.329 +-
Photo of John N5MYL

John N5MYL

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It was my first Flex Net and 41 people checked in yesterday.  The net lasted over an hour an a half.
Photo of John M

John M

• 34 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
I tried listening yesterday to the Flex net at 14.329 and it was a disaster with all the qrm going on from a SSB contest.  The net lasted maybe 10 to 15 minutes due to severe qrm as opposed to 1 to 1.5 hours under normal band conditions.  I'm not sure I I heard net control say that it was possible to either listen or interact via a vhf echo-link or internet connection.  Could someone please confirm or deny that possibility?

Regards:  John M  (VE3INH)
Photo of Brent Parker

Brent Parker

• 93 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
John,

It's still on 14.329, Sundays 2:00pm Eastern time. It was on for about 45 minutes this last sunday, due to the qrm. You can also listen on livestream.com, Dudley's call  (http://www.livestream.com/wa5qpz) . I believe there are a couple of other methods for remoting in too.

I'm in Florida and it's interesting to hear what Dudley's radio hears in TX vs. mine in Florida. I have the livestream on a speaker and the radio on a headset and can quickly flip back and forth.

There is about a 5 second delay in audio coming over the internet.

Brent  W8XG   
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 4171 Posts
  • 1330 Reply Likes
I do the same, and often hear better on Dudley's rig than my own! I was busy with the contest this weekend and didn't check in. I figured it would almost be pointless due to contest QRM anyway.
Photo of DrTeeth

DrTeeth

• 1687 Posts
  • 389 Reply Likes
Any chance you chaps could use UTC for us foreigners, hi hi?
(Edited)
Photo of Norm - W7CK

Norm - W7CK

• 752 Posts
  • 159 Reply Likes
I agree. We claim to be Amateur Radio Operators and we still use mountain time, eastern time, central, how about daylight savings... etc.  Every post regarding time should be in UTC GMT or ZULU for you military folks. Then there would be no confusion.... 
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1660 Posts
  • 255 Reply Likes
Use UTC in addition, just part of the price the Brits decided they'd pay when they convinced the world that the sun comes up in Greenwich. Hint: the world is round, the sun doesn't actually turn off at night. It likely will not last forever, perhaps we should find a new one before it does, think of how much fun it will be to convert to the one true UTC time standard when Greenwich no longer exists, and the sun no longer rises and sets on it. Mother tell me about UTC, AD, and BC again I have a test in my Ancient Superstitions class in 23 days on the last day of this week.  

In all of human history, the only thing thats the species has ever completely agreed on is the value of "0" In other words we agree on "nothing".

Most of us agree that 1 is better than nothing, but would still accept another. If it's free, and I get mine first.

73, Jay - NO5J
(Edited)
Photo of DrTeeth

DrTeeth

• 1687 Posts
  • 389 Reply Likes
Because the 0 degree line of longitude goes through Greenwich, WE decide on the time for the rest of the World, mwahhaha! Nobody eats lunch until we say so, hi hi.
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1660 Posts
  • 255 Reply Likes
You Brits Rule!

Um But weren't you the ones that decided to be the zero, too? Here we'd have fought to be #1. Yeah we're a little bit late, It's cause we're #1. How's the metric conversion process going? There's a few more miles to go on it here. Here in Dallas some of us have already started to convert, we keep the speedometer needle between 70 and 112 on the freeways now. But I'm driving metric officer I thought I was doing the conversion right, nevermind I'll drive faster.

73, Jay - NO5J