Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is there any way to keep both PwrSDR and Fldigi on the display at the same time without Fldigi minim

Brian Bedoe WD9HSY
Brian Bedoe WD9HSY Member ✭✭

Hi there!  I normally use Dual Monitors at home, but I will be doing a presentation at our Club Meeting and we will be using a projector.  I want to be able to keep a both Fldigi and PwrSDR on the projector without Fldigi minimizing each time I go to back to PwrSDR.  

Ideally, I would like to have Fldigi not disappear/minimize if I need to do an adjustment on PwrSDR.  I just want to have both stay on the screen at the same time, even if I hit a button on PwrSDR

Any ideas? Am I missing something Easy?

73, Brian WD9HSY

In this configuration, if I hit any PwrSdr button, Fldigi will minimize.

Answers

• n5dww
    n5dww Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I would set the projector up as portrait and stack them one on top the other at the bottom. I run my screen so can do exactly what you described. Bob n5dww
  • KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020

I used a free program called deskpins to pin something (i.e. stay on top of another window).

My Fldigi doesn't minimize, it just moves behind when another window is in focus.

Deskpins would prevent it. Run Dekspins in ADMIN mode.

Darrin ke9ns.com

• n3licoslo
    n3licoslo Member
    edited September 2015
    Just stack 'em vertically. I'm doing one myself, and I just place Fldigi on top, and SmartSDR on the bottom. Wide skinny wondows for each.

Then as needed, I can switch to full screen on either.

Although I hate to hide all that yummy visual goodness of SmartSDR. 
  • Jeff Gray
    Jeff Gray Member
    edited December 2015
    You can resize the powersdr window and place the fldigi window next to it. Or you can put on at top of svreen and one at bottom and make them wide. Personally though side by side would be better for presentation

• Brian Bedoe WD9HSY
    Brian Bedoe WD9HSY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
        • I tried a couple of programs called "Deskpins" and "Always on Top" ...... Both are Freeware, but Deskpins doesn't seem to work on Win 8.1.....

•  Problem Solved!! "Always on Top" works just fine and can be used on any screen, simply "Ctrl+Spacebar" on and again for off, perfect for any screen like Fldigi, or your favorite logger.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.