Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is there another freeware program for Power SDR and the Flex-3000 besides com0com?

Top Dawg
Top Dawg Member ✭✭
I'm missing something...I'm unable to get com0com to install properly with PSDR and my F3K. I get 2 or 3 installation errors even uninstalling previous installs and everything else the program calls for before re-installing. I'm obviously doing something wrong, but what?

Tnx es 73
Robert AA6UP

Answers

• Paul_Mills
    Paul_Mills Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    VSPE from eterlogic.com
  • Top Dawg
    Top Dawg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I tried to load it last night and couldn't get the 32 bit version to install. I'll give it another try and see what happens.

Thanks Paul
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    VSPmanager is available by emailing Steve Nance K5FR.
    you can find some documentation about it on the DDUtil wiki.
    Last time I asked him for a copy I got an almost instant email response with the download link.
    http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.php?title=VSPM
    73, Jay - NO5J
  • Paul_Mills
    Paul_Mills Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    The 32-bit version will not work on 64-bit systems. So if you are using a 64-bit system you will need the 64-bit version and will need to purchase a license key. I believe it is $29.95 .This is to cover costs of signing driver. Works very well for me. Lots easier than com0com. I had forgotten about the charge for the 64-bit version.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Google! turning OFF "driver signing" for your Operating system then try installing it using administrator privileges this is probely your problem, then try running VSPMGR http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.ph...

JUST BE SURE BEFORE you install any other COM port program to REMOVE any virtual com ports then uninstall and reboot any other virtual COM program.
    hope this does it for you
    73's
    Bret, WX7Y
  • Top Dawg
    Top Dawg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Jay & Bret,

I had multiple problems installing VSPMgr as well. I'm in the process of putting together an email to Steve showing the error screens I received...should have done that to begin with.  :^(

Robert AA6UP
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I've used VSPE by eterlogic for 3 years now on 64bit Windows7pro and have never
    had any problems with it. 30 bucks have never been so well spent ;-)

Here's my setup for the Flex-3000:

73, Alex DH2ID

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.