Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is there a way to change the resolution of the Flex 6500 display on my monitor?

Gary Warner
Gary Warner Member
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Would like to reduce the size of the radio image on my monitor so that I can see more of it and also open up my logbook.

Answers

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    To do this you need to increase the resolution of your screen. In windows 7 you right click on the desktop and go to 'screen resolution'. There you will be able to increase the resolution of your display. Be advised however that your monitor will have a native resolution that it was designed to be used. Generally, that is the best resolution to use.

Jon...kf2e
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Ok you know in win 7 you can snap each side to half the display with two functions. I would not like that personally. There are free programs out there which will alow you to set up assigned space on a scree like individual monitors, I believe wi snip is one I used with success, each assigned area will act like a monitor so your program such as smart sdr will fill up the assigned area, remember you must make assigned area wide like the default of hd smartsdr. After playing with that I got a 26 inch monitor to run smart sdr on and two 19 inch to run other programs. On one I have the new memory program, wave node, launch for dx lab, and two ddutil screens. With some of these drag them to fill or reduce as the screen needs. Just some hints I do not like the idea of decreasing the size of the pan by increasing the resolution. It is so Google with1900 x 1200 I do not want to make it smaller.
  • Steve Walker
    Steve Walker Member
    edited April 2020
    I agree I run a 26" monitor with 1900 x 1200 which suits SmartSDR fine and run a 2rd screen with HRD (well the logbook and DM780) running on that.

And too look forward to Windows 10 has virtual desktops so you'll be able to swap about programs with the main monitor with either the mouse or a couple of key presses - and remember SmartSDR has a program focus raiser so you can set that up to launch the window for your log book once you leave SSDR alone for a few seconds.

73 Steve
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I presume you have already "windowed" SSDR and then reduced the size of that window so that you can run your logger in another window.  (as opposed to running SSDR full-screen.)
  • Gary Warner
    Gary Warner Member
    edited April 2015
    Yes, I have done all that. What I really want to do however, is reduce the amount of space that SDR takes so that I can open that window more in the same amount of real estate on my screen. The SDR screen could easily be reduced in scale and still be easily readable.
  • Gary Warner
    Gary Warner Member
    edited April 2015
    I also run at 1900 x 1200, but the screen is still too full- need to reduce the scale of the SDR window.
  • Gary Warner
    Gary Warner Member
    edited April 2015
    Yes, two monitors would work, but my eyes are good enough that what I really want to do is just reduce the scale of the SDR window.
  • Gary Warner
    Gary Warner Member
    edited April 2015
    Already at 1900 x 1200. I have a genealogy program that just changes all of the fonts when I change the window size. I would like SDR to do the same thing.
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Gary,

Here's my solution:   :)image
  • Gary Warner
    Gary Warner Member
    edited April 2015
    Yes, that would do it. I guess I need to figure out how to put more screens in my shack.
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Gary I used win split and it was good to use your monitor space more productive. Here is a site which has two programs and how they work. Whttp://www.online-tech-tips.com/free-software-downloads/split-or-divide-your-desktop-screen-into-multiple-parts/ Have a go at these this is a better way to do what you want to do. I have a friend with a 40 inch monitor ( hd TV) which has many monitors set up on one screen. Each monitor is sized to fit the program he is running.
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    An Nvidia GTX 750 will drive 4 screens.  I got one with 2 HDMI outputs and 2 DVI outputs.  Currently running 3 screens.
  • Gary Warner
    Gary Warner Member
    edited April 2015
    I see what you are saying, but it still does not address what I see as the problem- the SDR screen needs the ability to re-scale it smaller. Multiple windows will, unfortunately, not do that.
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Gary you are missing the point when you create one of these windows smart sdr will scale to fit it as long as you set the height and width correctly the print will adjust to the screen. I have used it.
  • Robby Robertson
    Robby Robertson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    So much useful information on this site.
    -----------------------------------------------------

I was shopping for a monitor and found a 32 inch TV for less money than a 24 inch monitor. Chinese but working for 3 years with no problems. The TV has a PC mode which makes it act like a monitor. 1600X900. It also has HDMI etc and VESA mount.
    I have it mounted on an arm that attaches to the back of my desk so I can move it around when I hear lightning coming and have to disconnect everything.
    I have no problem with the SSDR window and N1NN+. 

I have also had occasion to run a window with an NHL hockey game streaming to it and still everything will fit and contest continues on Sat evening.

I recently bought a second support arm on amazon ($26) and a $32 inch TV ($US150) Hitachi to accommodate email, QRZ.com, 6M openings, FRstack and other radio sites.

Plenty of room. Check Costco.

-Robby
    HP3SS
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I suggest the moderators eliminate the account of Preeti Saluja. Account since June 27. Also if you haven't figured this out already it would be a bad idea to click on any of the above links of ilk. It seems there are a few turds in the rose garden.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.