Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is there a way to back up SmartSDR CAT data?

Options
Is there a way to back up SmartSDR CAT data or other SmartSDR data?  Will using something like Carbonite back it up?  Which files to backup?

Once again my CAT relationships have been deleted yesterday or today perhaps from a Microsoft update or the phase of the moon; I cannot tell. 

Is there a way to not have to reconfigure everything?  I cannot seem to keep enough screen shots and set up notes to make this process quick and easy.

All the ports are still clean looking at COM Name Arbiter Setter and com0com.

Suggestions?

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The settings files are in this directory:
      C:Users{username}AppDataRoamingFlexRadio Systems
    Replace {username} with your login name.
    Flex did at one time have a utility available to manage these settings files, but it seems to have disappeared.
    However, backing up the 3 files in this folder in a different location on your hard drive should cover you in case of such events.

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    As they're in my user directory I haven't had them go away even when deleting and removing ssdr and VSP and reloading.... cat and dax have been happy...
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hmm. I don’t seem to have an AppData folder. Any other location?

Tim VE6SH 
  • Benson - AE5V
    Benson - AE5V Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Using Carbonite, a back up version was located dated yesterday that was twice as large as damaged current file.  Downloaded it and replaced the messed up CAT.settings file.  It appears to show the correct info in the CAT window so will assume it is restored to a working condition.  If this is the only place it makes a difference, I have learned another way to keep this radio on the air in spite of it wanting to make me crazy.  Thanks to all.
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    That is a standard folder set in Windows. All installations have it. Look under C:users yourusername and you will find it. Many, many apps and Windows itself use that folder tree.
    Hint: Open Windows Explorer and find the C: drive root directory, normally near the bottom of the list. "Users" is one the folders there...
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    You also may have to enable an option in Explorer, under File, Change Folder and search options. Find the View tab, then the Hidden Files and Folders section. Change the setting to Show...

• Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    That found it. Thanks Craig!

Tim VE6SH
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    You do but it may be hidden.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Craig it's still around. I'm not home right now but I believe it's on the Flex website. If you can't find it, send Tim an email, he will point you right to it. I just used it a couple weeks ago, it saves a lot of time and aggrevation.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    It's not hidden, goto your user folder and it's in there.
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Mine was hidden for some reason. I followed Craig's advice and it appeared. 

Tim VE6SH
  • W9WLX_Chuck
    W9WLX_Chuck Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Any luck on finding the utility program? I would be interested as well.  I can't seem to find it on the Flex website.

Chuck
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I also looked for it again, and it has disappeared. However, you can create a simple batch file to copy the FlexRadioSystems folder to another location on your hard drive, perhaps a OneDrive folder so that it is backed up off-site as well.
  • W9WLX_Chuck
    W9WLX_Chuck Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    OK, I thought it was an editor utility.  On another note, I have batch files that auto launch SSDR, DAX, CAT and various 3rd party apps with a single click.  And its counterpart, one that kills all the Flex and 3rd party apps too.

Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.