Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is there a reason that filter knob modes are not mode specific?

Rich McCabe
Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
Is there a reason that the knob mode for filters (High/Low and Center/Width) are not specific to operating mode?

It would seem that in SSB the mode it should default to High/Low and in CW default to Center/Width.

I can be operating CW using Center/Width mode and when I drop back to SSB and go to change filter it gets all jacked up because I did not change the knob modes back. 

Maybe my operating methods are different/wrong but seems the knob mode should follow the actual operating mode.

Rich
kd0zv

Answers

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    It is just the way that it is implemented today -- you can choose either option (high/low cut vs center/width adjustments) in any mode.  We could certainly change this if there is overwhelming support to make it follow the mode selection.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Eric. I just could not figure out why anyone would not want it to default to the most commonly used mode.

Rich
  • Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I agree with you 100% Rich. The vast majority of CW operators will want Ctr/width, and the vast majority of SSB operators will want Hi/low cut. These functions should be mode specific and allow the small minority to change the function if they wish. The tail should not be wagging the dog.
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Honestly makes total sense what Rich is saying. I would've thought the same thing. I cast my vote for it.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Well, I hope they fix it :)

I only have two annoyances with the radio. Otherwise, I am thrilled. The other annoyance is the global profiles are buried too deep.  Hoping they fix that too.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.