Is the Flex 6300 able to transmit on the 5MHz NoV frequency allocation in the UK.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Is the Flex 6300 able to transmit on the 5MHz NoV frequency allocation in the UK.
Photo of Dolan Morrison

Dolan Morrison

• 19 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of GI4FZD

GI4FZD

• 129 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
yes
Photo of DrTeeth

DrTeeth

• 1687 Posts
  • 387 Reply Likes
Yes, but be careful as it also transmits outside it too. I do not know where the programmed band limits are.

Originally, when I reserved mine (ML&S), I was told that I could have the conversion on request and I would have to show my NoV. When I actually purchased a few weeks later, I was told that they were all sold 5MHz capable.
Photo of Bob - G3WKW

Bob - G3WKW

• 38 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
But it won't do WSPR because the frequencies are too close to a sub band edge and it won't allow the carrier frequency to be set in the right place for the 1500 Hz tones generated by the software.
Photo of DrTeeth

DrTeeth

• 1687 Posts
  • 387 Reply Likes
Hi Bob,

Do you know where the TX boundaries are? I managed (only once, hi hi) to Tx outside the 1000Hz JT65 area by about 1.5-2KHz.

I'll send an email to ML&S (I got my 6300 from them) to see if they can supply the info.

Later:- Email sent - will report back. AIUI, ML&S generate the necessary config file so different retailers may have different setups.
(Edited)
Photo of Steve Walker

Steve Walker

• 71 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
The Flex band plan for the UK is er UK centric and contains the limits on 5Mhz as allowed by the band-plan - you can generate a CW carrier to each band edge as the RSGB show here http://rsgb.org/main/operating/band-plans/hf/5mhz/

I had the US allocation in my 6300 when it arrived and ML&S eventually sent me the UK one; however FRS has already sorted me out with the correct regional file.

So yes, Dolan it works fine in the UK.

73 Steve
Photo of Stewart, GM0GTU

Stewart, GM0GTU

• 23 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I had to run the TURF file to re-install the 60 Metre band and the other UK band allocations after doing a factory re-set.
It would be great if the UK 60 Metre allocations were displayed in SMARTSDR as they are in POWER SDR.