Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is the Flex 6300 able to transmit on the 5MHz NoV frequency allocation in the UK.

Is the Flex 6300 able to transmit on the 5MHz NoV frequency allocation in the UK.

Answers

• GI4FZD
    GI4FZD Member
    edited April 2017
    yes
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Yes, but be careful as it also transmits outside it too. I do not know where the programmed band limits are.

Originally, when I reserved mine (ML&S), I was told that I could have the conversion on request and I would have to show my NoV. When I actually purchased a few weeks later, I was told that they were all sold 5MHz capable.
  • Bob - G3WKW
    Bob - G3WKW Member
    edited December 2018
    But it won't do WSPR because the frequencies are too close to a sub band edge and it won't allow the carrier frequency to be set in the right place for the 1500 Hz tones generated by the software.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi Bob,

Do you know where the TX boundaries are? I managed (only once, hi hi) to Tx outside the 1000Hz JT65 area by about 1.5-2KHz.

I'll send an email to ML&S (I got my 6300 from them) to see if they can supply the info.

Later:- Email sent - will report back. AIUI, ML&S generate the necessary config file so different retailers may have different setups.
  • Steve Walker
    Steve Walker Member
    edited September 2016
    The Flex band plan for the UK is er UK centric and contains the limits on 5Mhz as allowed by the band-plan - you can generate a CW carrier to each band edge as the RSGB show here http://rsgb.org/main/operating/band-plans/hf/5mhz/

I had the US allocation in my 6300 when it arrived and ML&S eventually sent me the UK one; however FRS has already sorted me out with the correct regional file.

So yes, Dolan it works fine in the UK.

73 Steve

• Stewart, GM0GTU
    edited May 2015
    I had to run the TURF file to re-install the 60 Metre band and the other UK band allocations after doing a factory re-set. It would be great if the UK 60 Metre allocations were displayed in SMARTSDR as they are in POWER SDR.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.