Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

is the 6600m will be in some way better from the 6700

elan
elan Member
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
is the 6600m will be in some way better from the 6700 
or what is the big different please [yes i know the m have control ] 
thank you 
73 elan g0uut

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Key advantages:
    The 6600 will have the 7th order filters on the contest bands
    M models have the HDMI out, and the front panel
    6600 has modular design so stuff can be added later on. 6700 is what it is, except for the GPSDO and things external to the radio. 
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    For my own use case I like that the 6700 has 2m/70cm accessibility. I purchased the DEMI amplifier and xverter to make all the magic happen.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited November 2017
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    The 6700 does have 2m but not 70cm. For both rigs you'll need a transverter for 70cm. 
  • elan
    elan Member
    edited November 2017
    thank you 
    well i do not use 2m/70cm not much action in EU on this band at all 
    so i dont need this 2 band  thank you Ria 
  • elan
    elan Member
    edited February 2018
    hi Tim 
    yes i see it 
    tnx 
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for the clarification Ria.
  • elan
    elan Member
    edited November 2019
    hard to tell if flex will replace the 6700 who know the 6600m look good but will have to wait and see 
    73 elan g0uut
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Elan, reading over the comparison list I note that the 6700 does offer 4m IF too.
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I will take either one as a gift in a heartbeat, but if I had to buy one right now the 6600 would be my radio!
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I like the option for EME, but transverters will work for that too. 
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    The 6700 is a high end rig but is pretty expensive for most users. The 6600 brings most of what they want down to a better price range. However, I can see some power users still going to the 6700. I don't think I'm getting a 6600 unless it's for a remote site. 

Either way more choice is good. 

It seems as if the 6600 is the best of the 6700 and 6500 but missing some of the high end capability. So the 6700 remains an option for those that want 8 slices and 2 meters. 
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    In my personal use case and opinion the biggest advantage of the 6600 is the 2 transverter ports. It would have been great to have them in the 6700. More versatility to work with UHF and SUHF transverters.

If I was in the market now I would go for the 6600 over the 6700.

I own the 6700.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I would like to add that the Loop options on the 6700 and 6500 are great. You can add low power home made pre selectors in the loop chain and activate them inside SmartSDR.

I built one to attenuate AM stations and I lower my noise floor noticeably for HF bands.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Hi Salvador, could you send to me short mail to r5au(at)outlook.com. i wanna talk to you regarding your setup.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.