Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is SMARTSDR V1.XX supported with new releases in the future?

DL2KBQ
DL2KBQ Member
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hello,
today I tried to upgrade to V2.xx and posted a angry message, after asking for license and $199 + VAT. This is about 10% of the new FLEX6300, that I bought in march 2016, a lot of money!
I am mostly interested in performance improvements, not so in the new features at all.
In one post of Ria N2RJ I read that the improvements of dynamic range will be in V1.11.xx
I highly appreciate that the V1.1xx Software seems to be supported in the future too.
The last release of the V1.1xx was in february 2017, so I believed that the end of support comes automatically with the realease of V2.xx. - I hope the new release V1.11.x comes before the christmas 2017! ?

But do we really get future upgrades in the V1.1xx SMARTSDR?
If it is so, I have no reason to Upgrade to V2.xx

Best regards 73 de DL2KBQ

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    1.x is feature complete. This means that there will be no new features added to it.
    However, there will be maintenance releases with fixes as warranted. For example, 1.11 will have the 6300 receiver improvements, WinKey and (potential) general stability improvements. However it will not have new features in 2.0 such as SmartLink and pop out windows. 

The reason to upgrade to 2.x is simple - new features will be added to 2.x They will not be added to 1.x. That's the most compelling reason to go to 2.0.

But if you like your 1.x you can keep your 1.x. Your radio will continue to work forever with 1.x (as long as the hardware works). 

Ria
  • DL2KBQ
    DL2KBQ Member
    edited November 2019
    Hello Ria,

thanks for Your quick answer, perhaps I will do the major Upgrade in the near future.
    Remote accessing with SMARTLINK is no need for me, remote controlled radio stations are not In accordance with the law in germany.

Best regards

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Absolutely. You can upgrade at anytime. If you're happy with your radio then you can keep it that way. Personally I am looking forward to the new stuff and I like the latest and greatest so I upgraded. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.