Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is my laptop good enough to work well with a FLEX-5000?

Options
Perma Geek
Perma Geek Member

I am considering buying a used FLEX-5000 (with Automatic Tuner, RX2 second receiver, and VHF/UHF module), and need to assess whether my laptop will work well with it (see brief specs below, and full specs here).

This laptop (plus a second monitor) would be virtually dedicated to running the radio, so I can control the OS configuration and other installed software to minimize competing DPCs. I’d need to buy an ExpressCard FireWire adapter, as this laptop doesn’t have an integrated FireWire port.

• Processor: Intel® Pentium® T3400, 2.16GHz, 1MB L2 cache, 667MHz FSB
  • Chipset : Mobile Intel® GL40 Express
  • Memory: 3GB PC6400 DDR2 SDRAM
  • Storage: 250GB (5400 RPM) SATA HDD
  • Display: 17.0" widescreen TFT LCD (1440x900)
  • Graphics: Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M with 128MB-1342MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory

I'd appreciate any thoughts you may have... thanks in advance!

73, Gregg

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.