Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is my Flex 6300 compatible with a ELAD FDM-DUO on the same computer

Delbert McCord
Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
Before I purchase a ELAD FDM-DUO I would like to know it would not have a problem being connected to the same computer as my Flex 6300 at the same time.

With the fan issues the Flex 6300's are having and still not knowing if the fans to replace them are available I find myself not just listening to my Flex 6300 when I am working in my office. I was on QRZ and I saw a review to this little rig that is not very expensive and was thinking it would be good to use to just monitor with. When I was going to operate I would want to turn on the Flex 6300 and us it so I do not want to have to plug and unplug or God forbid have to uninstall and reinstall software all the time. 

Has anyone else done this?

Any advice you can send my way would be welcome and appreciated. 

Answers

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Delbert

From a Flex perspective, there is never a requirement to uninstall or re-install our products.  The work exclusively with our 6000 product line.  You can even have all the versions we ever made public installed if you wish, so you can go up and down versions as required.

Mike

• Delbert McCord
    Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Hi Michael,
    Thanks for the reply. You are the man who took my pre-order for the 6400. But it will be months before that comes so I am just looking for a stop gap until then. I have my Flex 6300 here and I was having a ball using it last night and even got some new countries with the new digital mode FT8. But I do not trust it enough to just leave it on for receive in the background. I do not know how many hours of life I have in the fans and I do not want to waist it. 

At the end of every month I spend 3 days at least 14 hours a day in the office doing my month end for my work, I used to have the rig on and watch it on a separate monitor for some activity and listen around while I work.  Lots of information has come out about the fans and even a engineer put a post out that Flex is working on coming up something. The fans have been discontinues from the manufacture and Flex has some but I have asked a few times about buying some so I would have the in case of failure but no response so far. I do not blame them for not wanting to sell off what they have left. 

I just wanted to know if I put a second rig on the computer I did not want it to mess with the Flex 6300. 

Any updates when the 6400's will be shippping?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I have an Elad. And a 6700 Yes you can use both at the. Same tim
  • Delbert McCord
    Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Thank you.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Did a google search and found 2 fans from different manufactures to replace the 80X80X25MM fan which shows a ADDA AD0812XB-A73GL or a San Ace 80 model 109p0812H704 This took about 2 minutes to find these Fan part numbers
    The San Ace may be a FLEX ONLY part number and the ADDA fan is obsolete but I'm sure there is a cross for it and there are a few on EBAY and NewEgg.

I don't have a 6300 but rather a 6700 which takes a different fan which I have changed so I have not tried this and it is just what I have read on the FLEX reflector from past posts.

SO your mileage may very 

Bret
    WX7Y

• Delbert McCord
    Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Thank you so much for your information. I saw a man on the Flex forum that had found the correct fan but there had to be a order of 100 of them. Everyone that wanted some could go in on it. he already has enough people ordering them so he has the 100 min plus more I am told. I have ordered and paid him for 8. I know a friend close to me that has 2 ordered. What a Blessing! Now I can use my rig as much as I want! I just got South Africa tonight on 40 meters using the FT8 mode! LIFE IS GOOD!

Thank you for your effort on my behalf.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.