Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is it worth it? Any screen shots?

2»

Answers

• John - AF3K
    John - AF3K Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Interesting point.  I've been assuming that the M radios and Maestro will be able to run the same versions of 2.x. But I can see from your question that isn't necessarily a given that the features will be the same.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I would assume so as well. But the M display is different resolution of course and never know.  At Dayton none of the videos I watched showed the sidebar.

What I really hope for is Flex gets Multi client working and that sidebar can be incorporated into the front panel display while the user is running Smart SDR
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I would LOVE to have the RIT/XIT tag added to SSDR/Win, too.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Yes, all 6000 products run the same v2 software. We are trying to make it simple.
  • John - AF3K
    John - AF3K Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Michael - That's great to know, and it IS SUPER SIMPLE TO USE! Keep up the great work. Thank you!  I think what we were also wondering is if we can generally assume the M display will support the same features as the Maestro display if they are both on the same v2 version.  As Ken points out, SSDR/Win has a different feature set than Maestro for the same v2 version for example..
  • Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I love it.  I operate strictly from the shack - always SSB.  The pop-out panels alone are worth it.
    I don't know how many updates there have been in the 3+ years I have had my 6500 but there have been a lot - like having 2 or 3 new radios at no charge. It is worth the money to support FRS.

My previous radio was the Yaesu FT DX 5000.  It was a great radio and they had, I think, 3 firmware updates during my time with them.  Other than that if you want an update you have to buy a new radio.

V2 is IMO a home run. 
  • Mike Krzystyniak
    edited July 2017
    Aside from this RIT window, which I agree is a nice add, how does one view the documentation folder to see the entire list of V2 features, fixes, and enhancements?

Is this part of the V2 down load?  If yes, is it visible prior to licensing? 
    Or is it available in a summary elsewhere?

Thanks...

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    John, that is the high  level plan but no details yet.  Eric's team have a  bunch of things to do still.  The good news is that we hear you.

• Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    SmartSDR v2.0 documentation is exactly where it should be on Flex website: http://www.flexradio.com/support/downloads/ image
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Working DX via SmartLink on my iPhone over breakfast at the airport diner was well worth it. The hams at the table were interested, but the non-hams were fascinated and intrigued. This I have two that will join the next licensing study class as the demo tipped them past the no-return decision making point. BTW I was stunned that our hole-in-wall diner had such fabulous internet. Wow. Then spent much of the day with a Maestro on my desk. Fantastic! YMMV but for this ham the upgrade was well worth the costs and the wait. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    FT8 ?
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

VPN backup is a nice luxury to have. If you have an Asus router or one that supports the TAP mode of OpenVPN, it is very simple to set up. OpenVPN works as well if not better than Smartlink. Unfortunately, IOS does not support TAP so one has to use L2TP. For that, I need a serving computer running Softether.

Jim, K6QE

• Bill N3HQB
    Bill N3HQB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Remote in VW bug... image
  • Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Very cool.  What microphone is that?
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Looks like a Motorola Land Mobile radio mic.
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Very nice install - surprised you don't have a vertical antenna in the bud vase!
  • Bill N3HQB
    Bill N3HQB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Standard/Vertex (Yaesu) MH-25A8J commercial mic, factory-wired for Maestro Mic-1 input. On iPhone : Remote Touchscreen Display for SPE Expert 2K in Parallels Access. (Bud vase model discontinued) It's mobile/remote... What antenna??
  • Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    So you're saying the MH-25A8J plugs right in as is?
  • Bill N3HQB
    Bill N3HQB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Yes
  • Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    What is your experience with drop-outs from transitions among different cell sites affecting the happy enjoyment of continuous operating while moving?
  • Bill N3HQB
    Bill N3HQB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Using the low bandwidth option there are almost no skips.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.