Is it possible to run two remote connections on an iPad and switch between?1) PC 2) flex iOS ?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I use chrome remote to connect to PC and control all external equipment - wavenode, turn on flex hardware, antenna switch, and tuner. When I switch from PC window to flex iOS remote the PC connection is lost and vice versa with the flex iOS remote connection. I know I can use the iPhone for the PC control and iPad for the flex iOS remote control but sure would like to handle this with iPad only.

Thanks and 73's
Joe
WD5Y
Photo of Joe WD5Y

Joe WD5Y

• 176 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3784 Posts
  • 1637 Reply Likes

Are you talking about 2 instances of SSDR running at the same time.. One on the PC and one on iOS then the answer is NOT YET

I currently use Parallels Access to control my PC remotely so that I can turn on DDUTIL which manages all my peripherals and SSDR for iOS to run the radio.  I don't seem to have any issue doing it this way abeit I look forward to the day when DDUTIL is integrated into SSDR for iOS

Right Now.. DDUTIL controls my SPE-2K FA Amp, Yaesu GX-2800 Rotor, SteppIR MonstIR, 2 Wavenodes and a LP-100A Wattmeter.  These are controlled via Parallels Access on the iPad

AC Power is controlled by 3 WEMO Switches  - 1. Computer 2. DC Power Supplies 3. Flex 6700

There are controlled via WEMO app on the iPad.

SSDR for iOS controls the 6700

Normally I start up everything with the WEMO switches (albeit most of my station is only 24/7 with solar power)  The Parallels Access to make sure the Amp and various devices are turned on and running OK... and the rotor is pointing the MonstIR in the right direction.  Technically I can raise and lower my tower from 30' to 85' but it usually stays nested when I am remote UNLESS there is some important reason to raise it temporarily.

Finally I start SSDR for iOS and work stations...

I personally love the spots on the display so that I can see DX right in front of me instead of having to switch apps..

Photo of Joe WD5Y

Joe WD5Y

• 176 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Howard,
I just realized your first question, no I was not speaking of two instances of ssdr. I was just trying to flip screens one for the flex and one for the PC each with their own remote connection but when I try this I lose connection of the present device and have to reconnect to the new one, not sure how to overcome this?

Joe
WD5Y
Photo of Joe WD5Y

Joe WD5Y

• 176 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
I use the Chrome Remote Desktop connection first but was hoping to go back to monitor wavenode data after the iOS remote was brought up. It will work as you have yours but just will not be able to go back while connected to radio with the iOS remote. I am using the wavenode I/O functions to turn flex and amp on with ddutil running to enable the amp auto bandswitching. I guess the only other option would be to access the PC with the iPhone and flex with iPad. I am very pleased with the iOS remote, audio is great, receive and transmit. Thanks for your help.

73's
Joe
WD5Y
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3784 Posts
  • 1637 Reply Likes

There is a feature in SSDR for iOS to remain connected when closing or switching APPS...

SSDR for iOS

Settings - UNCHECK Disconnect on Close

This should enable you to have a quick glance at your DDUTIL settings and Wavenodes while you are talking on SSDRiOS

Photo of Joe WD5Y

Joe WD5Y

• 176 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Great, thanks for the information.

Joe
WD5Y