Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is it possible to connect a Flex 6500 via Blue tooth to a Desc and or Lab Top?

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Willem,

The 6500 can only via connected via ethernet. The radio has a RJ-45 connector on the rear for a wired ethernet connection. I have no idea if it would be possible to use some sort of external ethernet to bluetooth adapter.

You'll love the radio.

Mack
    W4AX
  • W3EX -- Tom
    W3EX -- Tom Member
    edited November 2019

As far as I can tell there is no Bluetooth capability built into the Flex 6500. If the unit has an imbedded windows 10 operating system, which I think it does,  it is possible that a Bluetooth dongle might work on the usb port assuming the drivers are present.

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The flex 6500 itself runs Linux and custom software. I’ve tried w Bluetooth dongle, it doesn’t work. Maestro is built around windows 10. No Bluetooth is enabled there either.
  • W3EX -- Tom
    W3EX -- Tom Member
    edited January 2018

That clears it up. Kind of figures. Thanks

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    Bluetooth is not supported on any of our radio products.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The only way to get BT is to use a PC with SmartSDR, Mac with DogParkSDR or use an iOS device with SmartSDR. I personally just use wired headphones because of the latency. 
  • Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    With BT built into nearly everything now-a-days, it is a shame BT wasn't part of the Flex engineering.  Perhaps we'll see BT in the 7xxx series. 

I use DL8MRE's SmartSDR App, iPad device, and BT headset, and BT tuning device. Works great.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited January 2018
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I wonder how hard it would be in Maestro since the tablet module likely supports it. Just thinking out loud. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited January 2018
    Can I forward all the support calls to you? ;-)
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    LOL.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited January 2018
    Figured as much :-D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.