Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is it OK to turn power supply off every time i'm done using my flex6300?

Mike KD2CJJ
Mike KD2CJJ Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
As the question says... Does it do any harm to power off my power supply nightly? Also them voltage drop is slow is that OK also?

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Turn off the rig first, then the supply. No harm. Leaving the supply on, particularly with GPS or OCXO equipped rigs, will help frequency stability. In most cases, it's not a big concern. Unless you require ultimate "right now" accuracy, a total power down won't hurt your rig.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    And from another post..... Steve - N5AC, VP Engineering 709 Posts 616 Reply Likes Official Response The OCXO and TCXO will not be powered while the radio is powered-off. It was determined that both of these quickly return to their frequency and that it is unnecessary to leave these powered. The GPSDO may be optionally powered while the radio is off. Other than for this purpose, there is no other reason to leave DC power on the radio -- it is entirely your choice whether to do so. Steve
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Mike - the answer is yes, you can power the radio off when you are not using it.  A slow voltage drop is fine.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.