Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is anyone running a PK232MBX modem with their 6000 series Flex?

Options
Craig McVeay
Craig McVeay Member
edited March 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Is anyone running an older modem with their 6000 series? I have an AEA PK232MBX modem that will soon have the latest firmware and DSP upgrades installed and, while I have a cable to connect it to my FT-897, I'd really like to be able to connect it to my 6500. The PK232MBX has a 5 wire connector on the rear to be connected to the radio and the pin outs are 1-Receive Audio, 2- Microphone Audio, 3- Squelch Input, 4- Ground, and, 5-PTT. 15 pin jack on the back of the radio, I can line up most of those and the 8 pin mic jack on the front is close but doesn't appear to have the same signals. So, is there anyone running these two devices together?

Answers

• Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I connected mine to the 15 pin accessory jack in the back.  Look at pint 2,3  for audio out, pin 1 for TX in, Pin 14 for PTT and pins 5, 6, 7, 8 & 10 for ground. But soon put it back on the shelf and went with the PC based decoders and used DAX and CAT... 

• Craig McVeay
    Craig McVeay Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks Dan. Which one did you go with?
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm using Fldigi for a lot of things (RTTY, PSK-1 and lots of RX stuff like FAX), WSJT-X for WSPR and JT-65
    I'm sure if you put out a query on what Digital software folks like you will get a lot of input. I just play a little not and then.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.