Is anyone else experiencing crashes of their Flex 6700 with the new 1.7.30.78 firmware??

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
In anticipation for my Maestro, that should arrive tomorrow, I updated to 1.7.30.

Since then, my Flex 6700 has begun to randomly crash, requiring me to shut down my 6700 completely and restart it. I tried a full factory system reboot, but just sitting there receiving for a few hours, leads to another lock up.

Is it just me?

Help?!
Photo of Roy Laufer

Roy Laufer

• 439 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9153 Posts
  • 3495 Reply Likes
Official Response
In regards to this specific problem report topic, there seems to be an issue that is causing some radios to crash after an indeterminate amount of time.  As recommended before, the first course of action is to completely boot the internal processors by powering down the radio, then remove DC power from the radio for 30 seconds.  Reconnect power and reboot the radio as you would normally. 

If the radio continues to crash accompanied by a tone being emitted from the radio, this particular defect is in our bug tracker database, marked as critical. and one we are actively investigating.  If you experience this issue frequently, then one option is to temporarily revert back to SmartSDR for Windows 1.6.20.