Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is a "round table" QSO possible using latest version of Multiflex?

Options
Bill Owens
Bill Owens Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in Maestro
 I am running a 6600 and have lent my Maestro to a friend. Both of us can work any band and any frequency independently, but when if we are both on the same frequency for a group QSO or "round table", I can't hear him and he can't hear me. Both of us can hear everyone else. My guess is this is a "lock out feature" but surely there must be some way around this. Seems like Multiflex , with it's sharing paradigm, would work in this situation. Thanks in advance for any help or light that can be shed on this situation. Bill, AD5EW

Answers

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Kind of like being able to have a "monitor" function for the other operator's transmission.
  • Steve
    Steve Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Funny you should mention this.  did you both turn "monitor" on??  I tried it in the shack and it works.  this weekend I am going to try this with another ham.  It worked with two radios in the shack so I see no reason why it will not work with another station on the WAN.  I will report back after I try it.  Oh, the "monitor" function just got fixed in the latest version of Release 3.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I was playing with this today with my maestro connected through smartlink, If I used FDX and changed my receive antenna in ssdr on my pc and maestro to RX1 (pixel loop) I could hear my voice on the other client while transmitting. The only limitation I found was while on the same band I could not have 2 differant mic inputs or levels, changing one changed the other.... otherwise it works. 

Monitor works also but it is prone to feedback because again, while on the same band changing the level on one client changes it on both.
  • Bill Owens
    Bill Owens Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thank you, Duane, Steve and Larry. Of course, a monitor function. If it were a snake I would have been bitten! I did try the monitor function on the 6600 and the Maestro, with  partial success. The Maestro picked up my voice from the 6600 but the 6600 is not picking up the voice from the Maestro. I will go back and review, I must have missed something. Bill, AD5EW
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I am playing around with it more and it seems to work well using FDX. I played around with the local PTT setting and have it where I can hear my voice transmission  from the other client both ways. This requires a differant receive antenna from the transmit antenna. I have mic inputs and levels differant on each client. No luck here using monitor both directions

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.