Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is a more structured Alpha/Beta program needed?

Options
12346»

Answers

• John-K3MA
    John-K3MA Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    This will be my last comment on this issue and I guess it goes to the crux of the matter from my perspective.  Whatever you have been doing with Beta and Alpha testing did not work for release 1.8.  You can explain it away however you wish.  If your going to start requiring customers to pay $200 for major software version releases you better get them right.  

I for one would not feel good about paying a premium price for a radio and then paying for software that does not work properly upon release.  It is your job to do whatever is needed to get it right the first time.  If I wanted to waive that expectation then I would have purchased an Anan at half the price and been the willing beta tester of the free open source software.  If you do not place any value in this message them maybe you have lost contact with the discussion that occurs on the air everyday when I hear people talking about switching to Flex vs Anan vs Icom. 

Remember a unhappy customer tells many more people about their bad experience than a fanboy tells about their good experience.  It will not take many failed releases before Flex gets perceived as having unreliable software updates.

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Howard, you have hit the nail on the head perfectly with that post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.