Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

IQ Router firmware update available

Matt NQ6N
Matt NQ6N Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
In setting up my remote station I installed two IQ Routers to address issues with Buffer Bloat that my connections were having.  The results were quite noticeable for voip as well as other low latency internet stuff. 

But over time I realized that the IQ routers (one in particular) would gradually adjust its QoS settings too optimistically, resulting in the return of Buffer Bloat and the need to re-train the router. 

After doing a thorough troubleshooting process with Sandy at IQ Router support, they ended up releasing a firmware update that appears to have completely resolved the issue.  The routers are now a bit more conservative and will err on the side of retaining low latency even if it appears that the pipe has gotten a bit faster since the last change.  

I'm mentioning this here because I think it will be of interest to anyone using Smartlink who has an IQ Router.  The update may have already been applied automatically, but if it has not you can click to update by going to the overview page.

Matt NQ6N
0 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thank Matt, I have noticed this to and appreciate your work on this

Bret WX7Y

• Matt NQ6N
    Matt NQ6N Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Apparently they are rolling out the update gradually, so if you have an IQ Router that does not show firmware 2.5.1 you can request that they roll it out to your router by contacting support@evenroute.zendesk.com
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for posting this Matt!  I've contacted them and they made the 2.5.1 firmware available for my IQ router.  I just updated and all is working good so far!  I'm getting A+ for quality, bloat, and speed. 

Cal/N3CAL
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hey guys, new firmware is out, I just got 2.5.6
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks Rory!  Just finished upgrading to 2.5.6  and A+ for all three still!

Cal/N3CAL

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.