Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

iPad Remote 6700 Operation From Freidrichshafen

KY6LA_Howard
KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
We had a lot of fun today at Freidrichshafen Ham Radio Hamfest Both Norbert DJ6JC and I had our iPads hooked to our respective 6700's. Mine in California and his in Germany using the Parallels Access ipad app and the inexpensive $24 Logitech Bluetooth Headsets. Both Norbert and I had done remotes before so we invited new guys to try it Emil DL8JJ took up the challenge. 20M was pretty dead as it was still Nite in California. So I switched to 40M. Using DDUTIL my SteppIR MonstIR automatically retuned and we remotely rotated the antenna towards the East. We heard some people talking on 7193 so Emil put on a call. It was an east coast very early am net. They were not to pleased to have someone they did not know break into,their net But Emil persisted and once they realized that DL8JJ (not a W8) they let him break in. Emil was beaming ear Tao ear as if it were his first ever QSO. Here are pix of the historic moment imageimage

Comments

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    How awesome! Congrats! 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    How is this achieved ?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Same as my other ipad posts. Just search ipad on this community for detailed setup instructions
  • EMIL-DL8JJ
    EMIL-DL8JJ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014

Hello guys!

yesssssss!  It was a great and unforgettable moment for me. Thanks Howard and Norbert!

It was  HAM spirit pur and this was a most special QSO in my life.

Thanks and see you soon again!

Emil, de DL8JJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.