iPad won’t connect to 6400m

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • (Edited)
As title says it won’t connect on a public network however same public network my Windows LT connect perfect quickly. Same iPad will connect quickly on my home network. If I toggle show DEMO it will run the demo and change my 6400M to 20 M weird when I am able on my home network I find this after running demo . This iPad is new with the latest firmware and I just D/L the apple software from the DL8 author and checking it reporte latest ver. It appears to me it is pointing to the apple software as everything on the Windows system run perfect both public and private networrks. BTW I have tried it on several public networks and same results. Windows fine and IOS won’t link or discover my 6400M.
Photo of Doug

Doug

• 97 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Michael Walker

Michael Walker, Employee

• 268 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Doug

Your description is a little hard to understand.

Let me understand.  Your iPad works ok on your home WiFi/network ?  If this is yes, that is great.  Then the problem is not the iPad.

For remote operation, the following is key:

Have you setup SmartLink with a login and done the PTT registration?
I'm not sure what Windows LT is?  Is that a Windows device running SmartSDR and it did work on a Public Network?

If the Remote Windows device works running SmartLink on a Public network, then good.  Your Radio and Home Router are setup ok.  Assuming yes to this answer, I would try uninstalling the SmartSDR for IOS, rebooting the phone and reinstalling SmartSDR for IOS.

Mike
Photo of Doug

Doug

• 97 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Great Mike thank you for the quick reply. ..... yes Ipad works on home network. I have setup SmarkLink with a login and done the PTT reg several months ago and it works perfect on my Windows LT... LT= laptop sorry for that also works perfect from my Windows desktop I am running both windows 7 and 10 and have Dax and Cat working fine on both window platforms  ... Sooooooo I will try uninstalling the SmartSDR for the IOS and reboot my Ipad I don't have a Apple phone. Is this what my next step should be after my reply here to you oh and one other thing when I click on the IOS system to connect it says registering OK something else OK I can't remember as it does it so quickly then tries to connect but can't find my 6400M just sits there searching etc. 

Let me edit this one more time Mike, forgive me but I am new to buying this APP from the DL8 so before I uninstall it I want to make sure I don't have to buy it again to install it again ? At least for now I can use it on my home network

Doug K9CRT
(Edited)
Photo of Doug

Doug

• 97 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Let me post here how I resolved this. I found out even though my program was saying I was linked into SmartLink I wasn't. The program on the Ipad gave me the option to login Smartlink via Facebook so I did that and it said all was OK. But what I found out was it was really not OK. I had forgotten my pass work logging in direct to Smartlink so I did a password reset and logged in and it worked like magic. Now when I log in it comes back with an option to either use a outside IP or my local home network IP. Choosing either seems to work now so hopefully this issue is solved. I didn't have to uninstall or reinstall the program only correct the above. Thanks Mike for replying quickly to my issue
Doug K9CRT
Decatur, IL