Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

iPad app works, software can’t find my 6600

Bert Sharp
Bert Sharp Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Brought 6600 home from show, already had downloaded app for iPad and it immediately recognized 6600. Made a call and THEN installed software but no joy, it won’t even see the flex ON WINDOWS

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    If you describe your radio and network connections, we can help you better. Since the iPad app sees the radio, you obviously have it successfully connected to your network. The iPad is WiFi. What connection does the PC have to your network? Does the radio get it’s IP address from the router? And is the PC on that same IP network?
  • Bert Sharp
    Bert Sharp Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    imageimageimageimage
  • Bert Sharp
    Bert Sharp Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I can ping the 6600 from the laptop . Network is automatic dhcp assignment for network, does it need to be fixed? Sent picks above up of flex and computer... it’s been years since I’ve dealt with networking....WiFi connection laptop.... my plan was to use laptop when I go on trips to connect with flex or use iPad ...smart link log in using face book or google but no joy says it is sending link to change my password with my valid email but is not arriving and not in spam
  • Bert Sharp
    Bert Sharp Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Sent config pics I’m going to boot main computer and see if that is any different after checking something else
  • James Whiteway
    edited June 2019
    I would suggest opening a Help Desk ticket tomorrow with FRS, if you don't solve the problem before then. James WD5GWY
  • James Whiteway
    edited June 2019
    Are you using v3.0.19 on your Windows pc? Once you download it and run install, it should find your radio on your network.( you may need to reboot Windows) If that doesn't help I would suggest opening a Help Desk ticket tomorrow with FRS, if you don't solve the problem before then. James WD5GWY
  • w6vm
    w6vm Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    just reboot the ipad, i have to do that everytime for it to find my flex.
    i always forget and spend 5 minutes before i figure it out and do the reboot.
    let us know how it goes here
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Everything looks good - you don’t need a static IP address for the radio, BUT, it would likely be a good idea to reserve an IP address in your DHCP server for the radio - will come in handy when you start to use remote access / SmartLink, so the address remains stable for port forwards. Unless you have a really unusual router, the PC should be seeing the broadcast discovery packets from the radio. If the SSDR software is installed properly on the PC, just running the software should put up a radio chooser and show your radio. This is NOT using SmartLink, just direct local LAN. As a few have already suggested, if you cannot get the radio to appear in the chooser in SSDR, start a support request with Flex, and they will help you get it straightened out. The support request is available at http://helpdesk.flexradio.com/
  • Bert Sharp
    Bert Sharp Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Oh my!  reboot of the ipad did the trick for the main computer!  Laptop still doesn't like the flex.  On to the next bite of the apple, the Ameritron 600ALs first version without the auto frquency switch.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2019
    Hey Bert and good morning.

It sounds like something in your Router may be blocking 'client to client' communications.  

As a quick test, is it possible for you to connected a LAN cable directly from the laptop to the radio (no other network in between)?   If the computer does not see the radio, that helps narrow down the problem.  

It is not normal to have to reboot a computer to see things.

Mike 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.