Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

IP Issues with New SSDR Version 1.9.7

Rick
Rick Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Since installing v 1.9.7 I keep getting an IP message in the lower right hand corner of the screen - Client connected from IP 192.168.1.15. Sometimes the monitor briefly flashes when this message appears on the screen. SSDR seems to be working otherwise though initially the FlexControl did not work. Restarting Win 7   doesn't help. I did not unintall the previous version of SSDR before intalling the latest version. Any way to fix this annoying IP conflict? 

Comments

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    A friend of mine just purchased a 6700 and emailed me earlier today about the same issue.  Says the IP client window keeps popping up.

• Rick
    Rick Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    A friend suggested that I force quite SmartCAT and then start it along with SSDR and that seems to have settled things down.
    Rick, W2JAZ
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    It's always done that here. I like knowing when clients connect. I see the same thing when either DDutil or DXLabs Commander connects to the radio. It's not an error, it's a notification.

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2019
    That is normal.  When a client connects to the radio, a bubble message is displayed indicating that something just connected to your radio.

How do you know you have an IP conflict?  The above message is not an indication of one.
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Anytime a program running on the computer makes a new IP connection to the radio you will get that notification. IT IS NOT NEW. And it's not an error message. You just haven't noticed it before.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    My friend indicated the message was popping up randomly.  I will get more clarification from him.
  • Rick
    Rick Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Right but not every 20 to 30" for no reason at all.
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited December 2016
     I think people must be missing your point. It is normal for the popup when a new client connects... one time. It is not normal if it keeps popping up.

To me, this seems to indicate the client is disconnecting for some reason and then reconnecting. Is it happening just when you transmit or is it happening in receive also? Maybe something as simple as a bad cable or the cable not fully inserted into the NIC? How is the radio connected to the computer, direct cable between them or something in between? Considering you show an RFC-1918 address above I'm assuming you have something (router?/wi-fi?) in between. Can you hook the computer and radio up directly and test?

Just some thoughts on isolating the issue.

Kevin K4VD
  • Rick
    Rick Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    You're right many have missed the point and I do know what is normal to see in terms of IP client activity. It seems I've fixed things by uninstalling the new version including SmartCAT and all drivers associated with it and DAX and reinstalling the new SSDR version. All seems fine now and I can actually open SmartCAT while before I could not in order to quit it and had to use force quit to halt SmartCAT. I hope this is now resolved. I think I may have forgotten to quite both SmartCAT and DAX before installing the new version and this may have caused the problem. 
  • kk4x
    kk4x Member
    edited December 2016

My issue is the the message pops up like every to 30 seconds, on both my 65k and 67k, each time the IP banner pops up I lose audio for ms. its very annoying.

I have two computers 3.5 GHz I7 machine windows 10,  both flex are set to router as well as my computer via CAT and WIFI both encounter the same issues., also Have Maestro, but to tell  you the truth I have run to Maestro.

• Rick
    Rick Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Did you quit DAX and SmartCAT when you installed the new version? That seemed to be the problem with my set up. I uninstalled v1.9.7, then quit Dax and SmartCAT. I then reinstalled SSDR and all seems ok now. No more annoying ip client messages pop up except of course when I connect a new device or application that communicates with the flex. Good luck! Rick, W2JAZ
  • kk4x
    kk4x Member
    edited December 2016

Can try that but what happens when I want to RUN WSJT EME /Meteor Scatter

I guess the IP pops ups will continue, no home now to check, actually still trying to figure out how to set the DAX/SCat for WSJT.

• Kent Hufford
    Kent Hufford Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Mine pops up about every 30 sec or so, at random. Some of us have reported this before, and FLEX closed the issue, saying it was put in the que to be fixed. It has not been fixed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.