Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

IP address of the Front Panel in 6600M

KC9EI - Dave
KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Reading the new User Guide for the 6600M I see we can set a static IP address for the radio but it doesn't appear we can do the same for the Front Panel IP address. Am I missing something? This doesn't seem logical to me. BTW... Thanks for releasing the manual. It is exceptionally well written and an easy read. Who would think you would say that about a manual?

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    The panel in the -M series is not an actual Maestro, but is instead integrated with the radio server. Thus, only one IP for the unit.
  • KC9EI - Dave
    KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    That's what I thought however, the 6400M/6600M User Guide, on page 112 of 160, clearly says "Front Panel" and shows a screen shot of it as well.The narrative speaks of it as well.  hmmm
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2017
    This is not a defect and the manual is correct.  The control surface (front panel) of the M models communicates with the radio and only the radio on an isolated internal IP subnet to the radio and cannot be changed by the user.  The only IP address that can be changed by the user is the external IP address that the radio uses to communicate with external clients, like SmartSDR for Windows.

• James Whiteway
    edited November 2017
    Maybe a misunderstanding of the use of the word "panel" is the issue. In the case of the M models, it is referring to the front display and controls on the radio. Not a removeable, component similar to the Maestro. Same as a " panel meter" is a meter mounted on the front of a device. James WD5GWY
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2017
    There can be up to three IP addresses in the radio.  At initial release, there will only be one or two that are externally visible.  The main processor in the radio will need one IP address and the device controlling the panel may or may not have another (we may route it's communications internally in the radio).  The front panel will mainly communicate directly with the radio, but it may also retrieve updates or perform other functions with the local LAN or Internet.  We'll update the documentation when we have made a final decision.
  • KC9EI - Dave
    KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Thank you Steve. I appreciate the explanation.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.