Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

IOS SDR - many issues.

JohnSweeney
JohnSweeney Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I spent $60 for IOS SmartSDR and it has been pretty much a bust. I am traveling and have an excellent internet connection. As soon as I connect, I get audio dropouts - very short, but every few seconds. After the app is on for a couple minutes, the display locks up. I have done a hard restart on the iPad but nothing helps. At this time I would not recommend purchasing this app. I remote into my PC at home from my laptop and run Smart SDR on my computer at home with no problems. In fact I run SMart SDR on my iPad remotely better than SmartIOS.

Comments

• VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    John, I suggest you contact Marcus DL8MRE, the author of the app. Marcus is very responsive, and I am sure he will be able to assist you. I use SmartSdr for iOS for all the time and have found it to be very reliable with one exception. The major 4G service provider in Australia, Telstra, disconnects my connection after precisely 2 minutes. I have read some reports that T-Mobile in the US sometimes does the same thing. My work around was to install a VPN Client on my iPad. "Hidemyass" work well and is free. I now use Nord VPN (USD $3 per month). Do contact Marcus, I'm sure he will be able to assist. GL Winston VK7WH
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    @John I too have been using SSDR/iOS for years while traveling in 28 different countries over all soots of 3G/ 4G/Wi-Fi networks. Some network providers can be problematic but in general it works great. What networks are you on? What speeds up and down at both ends.? What iOS version. What iPad? Whatradio? Please provide a lot. More details. Like Winston said also contact Marcus. My best guess is that it’s likely network related
  • Joe - KC2TN
    Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Under iOS SMARTSDR settings, try setting Low Bandwidth Connection to ENABLED. It might help!
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018

I have found in many cases where my Verizon LTE service gets a little flakey, I get better results using VPN L2TP and has more to do with the quality of service of the ISP than does IOS. Never, ever have had problems when using WiFi with IOS.

Jim, K6QE

• JohnSweeney
    JohnSweeney Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I am using an iPad Air 2 with 128GB, Version 11.3 IOS, Flex6500. Wifi connection is 11mb download, 8mb upload.
  • JohnSweeney
    JohnSweeney Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks - I will try that - K9EL-KH6
  • JohnSweeney
    JohnSweeney Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thank you. I am using WiFI at a rental QTH in Hawaii.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

I would still bet there is an issue with the Internet from the Rental

Try low bandwidth connection switch in SSDR for iOS

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Really have a hard time following what is working and where it works vs where is doesn’t work? Seems very difficult to pick which of SmartSDR two main flavors “SmartSDR for Windows” or “SmartSDR for iOS” works in which location “home LAN” or “this particular WAN” or “some other WAN?” What works, what doesn’t, what is the actual internet connection route with actual gear, versions..yada yada become important to help. - not to mention perhaps some descriptive of what Remote did work. Avoids the “guessing game” at least. I have found places traveling where SmartSDR for iOS (the iPhone/iPad flavor) didn’t work. I’ve found places where the net foxed both a Maestro or a Win10 laptop as well (those run SmartSDR for Windows). Wasn’t worth my time to dig very deep why, especially after I found difficult to fix network problems by testing. Long winded to say “ more information please?!” 73 Steve K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.