Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

iOS knobs with Midi

Mike-VA3MW
Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for iOS
With smart SDR for iOS, is anyone using any midi type knobs?

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    with IOS you have to use the Blue-tooth PowerMate and purchase the Plug in on the in APP purchasing.

Bret 
    WX7Y

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Not according to the manual for SmartSDR for IOS, or did I miss read something.  
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I messed with it briefly. You need USB adapter for your apple device and purchase the in app add-on for the midi.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited April 2019
    Thanks Larry

I found a Bluetooth PowerMate.  It seems they are rapidly becoming not available or discontinued.   Not for sale at Griffin either.

I found 2 on eBay for $19 each, and I bought 1.  There is one left. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192765322526

Mike va3mw

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Powermate works well on my iPad portable setup. Enjoy!
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I, too, use a Bluetooth Griffin Powermate - lovely addition to SSDR for iOS on the iPad. I'm not sure the USB models are available, but I certainly had no difficulty (other than with my wallet :-) in acquiring a Bluetooth one.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Anyone looking for an USB Powermate, they're available online from this company.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I don't think the corded one works on the IPAD / IOS, if I remember right I tried my corded one before I ordered the Bluetooth one.
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Mike-VA3MW
    edited December 2018
    Bret is right.  I has to be Bluetooth.  MIDI knobs should work but those are usually powered and corded.
  • Reggie
    Reggie Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    This is the Bluetooth version.

• G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I use the Bluetooth Griffin Powermate knob with my iPad and with no issues whatsoever.  It works very well indeed!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.