Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Internal spurs below 100kHz

Options
Denley W3XY
Denley W3XY Member ✭✭
edited March 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I enjoy exploring the world below 200 kHz and my 6700 v1.0.0.99 works pretty good but only using the RXA or RXB inputs. When using the Ant1 or Ant 2 inputs internal spurious signals render most of the area below 100 kHz unusable except with preamp set at -10 db. When using the RX inputs the spectrum is relatively spur free with preamp settings at -10, 0, and 10 db. The 30 db preamp is unusable on any input in this frequency range, signals are 60 db down. Unfortunately with my antennas at these frequencies I need the low noise preamps engaged. I also noticed that the level calibration was very accurate when using the RX inputs on all preamp settings except 30 db however when using the Ant inputs, displayed levels from a calibrated signal generator were down 3 to 8 db depending on preamp selected. Here are screen captures of what I see with the different input and preamp settings. All inputs where terminated with 50 ohm loads at all times.

Comments

• Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Denley, This maybe way more than what should be handled on the Communities.. If you don't mind, please enter this with the FlexRadio Help Desk, http://helpdesk.flexradio.com that way it can be logged and discussed with Engineering.. Tnx for the screen shots..
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    We have confirmed this behavior on other radios so we are going to investigate further. Thanks for the report.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.