Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Interface between Flex 6700 and SATpc32

John K4SQC
John K4SQC Member
edited January 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am interested in using the new FDX feature with satellites. Has anyone figured out how to interface SATpc32 with the Flex 6700 to provide Doppler correction to the up link and down link frequencies. I am using AO-07 mode A as a test bed (145.900 USB up/29.450 USB down).link

Answers

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Hi John.  I'm curious how you envision the SATpc32 program be interfaced to the SmartSDR software?  I've found having a PC with multiple monitors comes in handy for such graphical programs.  I typically run my satellite tracking program (Nova) on a separate monitor. 

You bring up a good point about working the birds with a Flex.  In my mind, something more important than Doppler correction (although that would be nice too) would be the ability for two slices to sync and track each other, both in the normal and reverse directions for different satellite modes.  Flex, are these features a possibility for a future software build?

• W0DHB
    W0DHB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Hi John You can try SATPC32 in TS2000 mode directely to SmartSDR and doppler tuning will work, but TX/RX modes and CTCSS tones will not set correctly. I've created some software that essentially intercepts SATPC32 TS-2000 commands and translates to PowerSDR/SmartSDR . It has been in use for several years with PowerSDR (Flex-5000) and for a year or so with SmartSSDR(6300,6500,6700). Several radios eg. TS-2000, Icom910, 9100 have a satellite mode as suggested above, but in practice, most Satellite operators use external software like SATPC32 because it is easier to update orbital information, new satellite defnitions, etc. Using SATPC32, tuning downlink frequency does also track uplink in inverting and non-inverting transponders. Dave W0DHB
  • John K4SQC
    John K4SQC Member
    edited December 2016
    I run two monitors.  Right now my IC-910 sits right next to the Flex.  I an going to add a transverter for 435 and I'd like to move the SATpc32 output off the 910 and ontothe Flex.
  • John K4SQC
    John K4SQC Member
    edited December 2016
    Hey Dave,

I run a IC-910 myself...it sits right next to the Flex.  You willing to sahre the software?  Do you go through something like DDUtil to interface between SmartSDR and SATpc32 or do you just go through SmartSDR CAT?

John
  • W0DHB
    W0DHB Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Hey John We've actually worked several times on various SATs .. Sure will share software. The Software (called FlexSATPC) takes as input SATPC32 TS-2000 CAT and DDE and does I/O with SmartSDR using SmartCAT and SmartSDR API . It also has many other features. Drop me an email at dave @ w0dhb.net and I'll get you some documentation and the software itself. 73's Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.