Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Interface between FLDIGI and 6500 still problem

I have followed the YouTube tutorials to interface FLDIGI and SDR-6500.  It works BUT...
1) The SDR and FLDIGI frequencies don't sync.

More importantly, I need to turn VOX on to transmit from FLDIGI.  

With VOX off, I still see on the DAX control panel that TX is streaming, but no TX output from the 6500.

My RigCat card has smartSDR_SliceA, COM5 (Verified correct on the CAT interface), 115200, cat command for PTT and VSP enable ticked.

Any help would be appreciated...

Comments

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Did you check the "CAT command for PTT" on the RagGAT setup screen?
  • Victor Gavron
    Victor Gavron Member
    edited October 2017
    Yes...
  • Victor Gavron
    Victor Gavron Member
    edited May 2020
    Please note that DAX control is showing that there is a transmitted signal.  I need to click either VOX or MOX for the 6500 to transmit.  Is that normal?  And i still can't sync frequencies.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    On my setup, VSP Enable is NOT-Checked.
    Baud Rate is 9600

If you can't control Freq - it's game over.
    If you change the settings above, best to restart FLDIGI.

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited May 2020
    Hi Victor:

In my setup I have the baud rate set to 38400. Everything else looks about the same. I use COM4 which is a serial port set up for slice A. When you are running FLDIGI open SmartSDR CAT. Does it show Process: fldigi beside COM5?

Kev K4VD
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    VSP - Serial Port is a Virtual device. 

It looks like I should have it checked but works without that.  Stooped so low as to actually read the manual.

• Victor Gavron
    Victor Gavron Member
    edited October 2017
    No, it shows "Process (none)"
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited October 2017
    This is probably where the control problem is then. You need a COM port set up for slice A in SmartCAT. Then you need to point fldigi to that port for control. Maybe a couple of screenshots of your SmartCAT setup would help. Both the main window and then click on the port you are using, select edit and show a screenshot of that.

Process: (None) means that flidgi is not connecting to the serial port. You don't also see "Slice Not Present" do you?
  • Victor Gavron
    Victor Gavron Member
    edited October 2017
    My CAT configuration looks the same but without the process.  I guess something must be wrong with my FLDIGI setup (?).  Both TX and RX streams are showing that the information is being transferred, so presumably that means that some minor issue must still exist in FLDIGI.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    This part looks good to me. In Fldigi/Rig/RigCAT my settings are:

I think in your case everything would be the same except Device: COM5.

Also... are you certain you have the latest .xml file for SliceA? There was older versions floating around for a while. See this article for a link to the latest.

Kev

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2017
    What version of Fldigi are you using?  v4.0.7 and possibly v4.0.8 had a bug in RigCAT 
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/fldigi-set-up-cat
  • Victor Gavron
    Victor Gavron Member
    edited October 2017
    I switched to 4.11 and it started working.  No obvious reason.  I had also tried 4.11 yesterday, with no success...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.