Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Interesting Transmission on 40 Meters

Tom - WQ5O
Tom - WQ5O Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
An unknown station on 7.020 Mhz transmitting intermittently.  I've heard them before but was never able to capture it for everyone to hear.  Sounds like he's saying "Bonzai" over and over.  Anyone else heard this?  Going out on the HF Bands is like fishing in the ocean.  You never know what you're going to haul in!  LOL!  Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXpcx0Uudaw

Answers

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Sounds like a late night and too much sake!
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Probably the JA equivalent of saying "hoooola" to tune your amplifier.

• W9SN
    W9SN Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    This has been going on this freq for over a year now.  
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Hmmmm then I would suggest something more clandestine then.

Sort of like the Lincolnshire poacher:
    https://youtu.be/QnXPqUU6fI0
  • Tom - WQ5O
    Tom - WQ5O Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Back in the 80s I listened to number stations when I could catch them on the air.  There were a lot of pirate stations, too.  Always fun to listen into them.  This guy says the same thing over and over.  Those number stations were sending 5 number groups and probably they were using "one time pad" encryption. Pretty much impossible to break unless you have the pad and the same edition. Ah, the good old days!
  • Bill-N6RV
    Bill-N6RV Member
    edited November 2019
    No... If you listen to it for any time you will hear several stations sometimes with several "chanters" on the same microphone. I think some Buddhists or some other eastern religion is using SSB for their morning prayers or chants. I have heard several stations simultaneously doing the same thing on different frequencies in the 40 CW sub-band. It is freaky running into them in a CW contest! It seems to be coming from Indonesia. The times line up with the early morning openings to that area.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    That would make sense. And other countries don't have mode limitations that we do.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.