Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Integrated amplifier control

Options
Mark Erbaugh
Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
edited August 2017 in New Ideas
Add a button to the main screen to control whether a selected TX output is engaged in transmit. Label it AMP. When AMP is ON, limit the power out control to per band limit. When AMP is ON, multiply the values do the Power out slider by a gain factor. For example, if the amp takes 30 watts to drive it to its max of 1kW, the power slider would be labeled from 0 to 1000w, but would only but out 0 to 30 watts. Remember the AMP on/off setting by band/mode and for the TUNE function.

Comments

• Bill  /  VA3QB
    Bill / VA3QB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Great Idea Mark.   It should have an option to override the profile settings and the buttons on/off position should be remembered on SmartSDr power up. 
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've effectively done this using the Genovation key pad. I can toggle the "TX" controls and simultaneously send the CAT commands to set power level. It would be nice to have that as part of the GUI. ME TOO!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.