Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Integrate Flex6700, Maestro, and computer running N1MM+ on a network

J. Richard Low
J. Richard Low Member
edited November 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I'm looking for a solution (diagrams, pictures preferred) on integrating a Flex 6700 being controlled by a Maestro with N1MM Logger Plus running on a multi-transmitter N1MM network.

Right now I can plug all components (Flex 6700, Maestro, and computer running N1MM+) into the shack network switch. Can get the Maestro to connect to and control the Flex 6700; thus not running SmartSDR from the computer and don't wish to since knobs/switches on the Maestro are preferable to point-and-click. The problem is when I start N1MM+ on the logging computer I don't know how to "configure" the logger to talk to the Flex 6700/Maestro to exchange frequency, mode, macro/function keys etc. Windows 10 computers on the shack LAN. Seems I may need to set up some COM ports for N1MM+ to work with?

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Rick N6CY
San Diego CA

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    You are correct that COM ports are necessary. You must run SmartSDR CAT on the logging computer, which will establish COM port connections to the Flex through the LAN. Please see the documentation available for download on the Flex web site for instructions on creating and using ports.
    If you are going to run RTTY, you will also need DAX to provide audio channels for both receive and transmit.
    It is all very straightforward and works extremely smoothly.

• J. Richard Low
    J. Richard Low Member
    edited September 2018
    Hi Craig. Can I run SDR CAT without running the main Smart SDR Software? Yes we want to do digital modes too. We'll start with CAT and graduate to DAX later. Thank you for the reply. Rick N6CY at W6RDF
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Yes, you can run both SmartSDR CAT and DAX without running SmartSDR. They will establish LAN connection to the 6700 and appear as COM and audio ports on the PC running your logging software.

• J. Richard Low
    J. Richard Low Member
    edited May 2019
    All resolved by running the latest SmartSDR CAT and DAX modules, started manually and without SmartSDR. v2.4.9 connects the 6700, Maestro, and logging computer (running N1MM+) together. The CAT established SliceA as Com7, and SliceB as Com8. N1MM logger configured accordingly. The configuration is working in the SO2R VFO mode. I've not been able to get SO2V to work but will leave that for another day. Have successfully used FLDIGI for PSK31, and MMTTY for RTTY, integrated within N1MM logger.

Thank you, community.
    Rick N6CY@W6RDF
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    For SO2V, just keep N1MM+ in SO2R mode and switch the radio to the same band manually. And make sure your 2 slices use the same antenna.

Andy
    KU7T

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.