Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Installation of SmartSDR 1.4

Mark Griffin
Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I don't have a Flex Series 6000 as of yet. But I just downloaded SmartSDR 1.4 from the website and it installed just fine on my Windows 8.1 Computer. I didn't realize that it would install 2 programs, the SmartSDR and the SmartSDR CAT Program. I don't imagine it will cause any problems with my existing setup with my Elecraft K3 and AC Log and N1MM Plus. If I shouldn't have done this, please let me know and I will need to delete the whole program. I was just curious to see if it would install or not. Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Shouldn't cause a bit of trouble. Welcome !
  • Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Thanks George!

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Uh Oh, just kidding... 
    You won't be disappointed when you decide to pop for the 6xxx series Flex,
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    The program, once installed, will constantly remind you that your life is not complete until you purchase the hardware to go along with SmartSDR.  :)

Oh, and that K3 will make an outstanding backup radio.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Mark, no other way around -> only F6700 is your choise, no doubts 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.