install server ot responding FLEXVSP wont work or uninstall

• Problem
  • Updated 8 months ago
nothing seems to work....uninstall starts but stops and eventually give server error, my internet is fine.
rebooted, uninstalled sdr and nothing changes
Photo of K5ROX

K5ROX

• 128 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of K5ROX

K5ROX

• 128 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Hello flex...any help here?
Photo of Ted  VE3TRQ

Ted VE3TRQ

• 580 Posts
  • 206 Reply Likes
Try the HelpDesk - they will go back and forth with you to understand your problem and your situation.
Photo of Ernest - W4EG

Ernest - W4EG

• 623 Posts
  • 122 Reply Likes
You need to explain what's the problem you are having: "nothing seems to work...." does not help.
Have you tried following the turning on procedures in the manual?
 If you like, send me an email and I can tried to get you going.
Please, include your phone number and I will call you immediately.
73, w4egathotmaildotcom
Photo of K5ROX

K5ROX

• 128 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Thanks Ernest,

Im not new to windows or flex, I worked the registry and finally got VSP to be removed from the installed app setting page.

Ive rebooted and uninstalled as normal and now when I install sdr vsp still fails.... but now it don't show as installed in settings. sdr seems fine itself.

Now when I install VSP don't install at all, I get the icon on screen for cat but it don't show in installed app anymore.  manual install as per Tims procedure gets me nowhere, I can find any other documents to read about this problem.

VSP showed 1.0.5 as version before, and during install in 2 of the DOS windows a line said "must be run in elevated privileges"    all else seems normal

Im still waiting on a reply from the help desk on my connection problem that existed since radio was new so after they reply ill ask them about this also.

radio is a 6600, win 10

Ive had a flex for about 5 years now, never had a install problem before but this is a new computer again.....4th one now,  trying to resolve connection problem as flex kept insisting it was a network problem, changed everything several times, comp, routers,cables......this computer is a i7 with 8 gig, a dell 980.
Photo of K5ROX

K5ROX

• 128 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Ok got it working.....not really sure what one thing was problem......
Photo of Ernest - W4EG

Ernest - W4EG

• 623 Posts
  • 122 Reply Likes
Have faith ... 
Happy to see that you solved the problem!
You are not alone .. 
Tim' instructions are a little confusing.And they are tooooo wordie and hard to follow.  I have re-written those same instructions and passed then along to several friends, with similar problems.
But we still love him. LOL
(Edited)
Photo of K5ROX

K5ROX

• 128 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Yea Tim's effort alone makes him a winner.... everyone reads and writes in there own style so it just fine if a few don't get it as he meant it. My writing leave people confused a lot but I completely understand what I meant LOL