Instal Errors Flex 1500 & PowerSDR

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
PowerSDR Version 2.7.2 Instal Disk.

I cannot get past the initial instal from the CD. I. removed and reinstalled 3 times getting the same results eac time.

Finishing the Instal I get the following error:

SETUP:
UNABLE TO EXECUTE FILE:
Users\ME\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\IS-188SI.TMP\POWERSDR-DATATRANSFER_SETUP.EXE
CREATEPROCES FAILED; CODE 2
THE SYSTEM CANNOT FIND THE FILE SPECIFIED.

Then the Flex 1500 error. When I open Flex 1500 I get this error:

FLEX RADIO
NO DEVICES FOUND
CONNECT DEVICES
(OK)

But all software entries are grayed out preventing me from making entries in born Flex 1500 and PowerSDR.

I must be missing something if it isn't the data transfer file.

Any help will Dr appreciates. Thank you.
Photo of Don Hamrick

Don Hamrick

• 45 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Steve Yothment

Steve Yothment

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

I have a FLEX-1500.  I've noticed that the turn-on sequence is important.  With the USB connected between the FLEX-1500 and your computer, turn on the FLEX-1500.  (12V power must be connected to the FLEX-1500 of course.)  Wait a few seconds.  Then, click on the PowerSDR icon.

The PowerSDR software has to know that there is a radio connected before it can proceed.

If you do as I have indicated and it still says "No Devices Found" then there is a driver problem, or the radio has failed.  Try re-installing the driver.

- Steve  W4OGM

Photo of Don Hamrick

Don Hamrick

• 45 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
How do I instal the driver?
Photo of Steve Yothment

Steve Yothment

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

The PowerSDR v2.7.2 Integrated Installer available at http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/flex-series/flex-1500/ under the Downloads tab should install the driver. I suggest you download it and try that.

- Steve  W4OGM

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9153 Posts
  • 3496 Reply Likes
Official Response
I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.