Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Inserting 3-Pin XLR Connector into Flex-6500's Balanced Audio Port

Options
Gary Robertson - KY5R
Gary Robertson - KY5R Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am trying to insert a 3 pin male XLR connector from my microphone into the balanced audio input port on the back of my Flex-6500. Should be simple, but there is no way that my relatively large diameter (3/4") XLR connector will plug into the plate that currently covers this balanced audio port. Can you remove this metal plate to gain access to the 3 pin "female" connector? Feel **** asking this question but maybe someone can help.

Answers

• Jim Bryce W5HFS
    Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Believe it or not you actually can just plug the male XLR in. Take a close look at the "plate" and you'll see it has openings for the pins and the very middle has a hole for a 1/4 inch plug. So you can use either connector. I didn't get it at first either.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.