Inquiring about owners/operators of 6500/6700 in the Omaha, NE area.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Inquiring about owners/operators of 6500/6700 in the Omaha, NE area. Wish to see and experience a working model if possible before investing. This will be my FIRST, let me get it right instead of the traditional "box on desk way". Still studying for liscense/home building in future
Photo of steve

steve

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of SteveM

SteveM

• 254 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
I'm in Mitchell, SD. Pretty good trek for you, but maybe you have plans to travel northward in the future.
Photo of steve

steve

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Not yet...YET thank you for reply...maybe some closer, or you know some operator near this area?  travel maybe 100 to see? Time frame to make decision, probably 6-12 months?.  YET think this is the way to go, keep following the information on website and YouTube videos.  Trade show not even near hear, I'd go...not just yet.  Future and budget for HAM toys will depend, along with new home construction?
Photo of SteveM

SteveM

• 254 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes

Sorry, no. I've heard there is a net that meets regularly, but I haven't had a chance to check in and meet some of the other owners.

I enjoy the heck out of my 6500. Uh, correction, my two teenage boys (W0LSB & NU1A) get most of the enjoyment, I spend more time correcting for software flakiness. I've been pulling the factory-reset cord quite a bit, lately. Just last night had to completely reinstall SSDR to get Tx back up. DAX completely blocked Tx audio for no apparent reason. I have high hopes for ver 1.4 where direct PC audio is supported (rather than using DAX).

Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 4007 Posts
  • 1233 Reply Likes
I have sometimes fund that closing and reopening CAT will sometimes make DAX work again when it has quit.  Why?  I don't know.  But it has solved a problem more than once when I thought I might need to reinstall.  I have been running on 1.38 ever since it first came out, and except for the first week, have not needed to reinstall it on my 6500.
Photo of SteveM

SteveM

• 254 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes

Thanks, Ken. I had shut-down CAT last night, but I didn't restart it. Does that matter?

The other difference is that I'm running ver 1.3.0 because of the new ver 1.3.8 DAX bug (fluttering RX audio). Maybe 1.3.8 is more stable than 1.3.0.

Photo of SteveM

SteveM

• 254 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes

Steve,

After ver 2.0 becomes available, maybe Flex-sales would entertain the thought of allowing serious potential customers the shot at remoting into a house-system as a way to hook new customers. I don't know, but it may be worth asking at that time.

Afraid you'll need that HAM ticket first, though.
(Edited)
Photo of Eduardo Carvalho - KC8R

Eduardo Carvalho - KC8R

• 76 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Steve, I am located in the Des Moines, IA area and own a 6300. If you are interested to talk about it let me know, my information is available on QRZ.com.

Eduardo - kc8r