Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Incorrect command response to slice set 0 tx=0/1

Doug - K3TZR
Doug - K3TZR Member
edited November 2018 in SmartSDR API
When I send a command to change the state of TX on a Slice, the desired action takes place (i.e. TX is turned on or off) but the response to the command seems incorrect. Here's a captured sequence:

Notice that the response to C40 and C54 are both |10000003|Nothing to erase

Is this a bug?

When I see a non-zero reply to a command I assume that it indicates a warning or error.

Answers

• Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member
    edited November 2018
    I think I've answered my own question. Looking in http://wiki.flexradio.com/index.php?title=Known_API_Responses I see that there are a small number of "INFO" responses and that this is one of them.

This response is actually "CWX Nothing to erase" which I'm guessing means that if the radio was in the process of sending CWX, changing the state of TX might necessitate erasing some string of characters from CWX and that, in this case, there was nothing to erase.

Sorry for the fire drill.
  • Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member
    edited November 2018
    With some additional testing I believe that this is a bug in v2.4.9. If you do the same commands using a previous version (e.g. 2.3.9) the response is a simple "Rnn|0|".

I also tried "set slice 0x0 mode=USB", the expected reply would be "Rnn|0|", instead the reply is:

"Rnn|50000096" which translates to an error -> "SL_INVALID_PTT_CMD_IN_CW_MESSAGE"

It appears that SmartSDR simply ignores these messages / errors. The Radio works as expected in spite of the messages / errors.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited November 2018
    This does seem like a bug.  Thanks for pointing this out.  I've entered this as #6786 in our bug tracking system.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.