Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

If you like your panadapter, you can keep...

W5XZ - dan
W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Working a dxpedition, split, on cw...wow, it's like shooting fish in a barrel ! it's so easy to SEE who they just worked, at least on 160m, it's almost cheating. only took 10 mins to catch Wake on 160m, and that was well before they got loud. i THINK the ARRL says if you use CW skimmer, that put's you in the 'assisted' class...when PanaFall arrives, across 2 or 3 or 4 slices, i wonder if they will similarly penalize flex 6k owners ?? let's hope not !

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    "when PanaFall arrives, across 2 or 3 or 4 slices, i wonder if they will similarly penalize flex 6k owners ?? let's hope not !" Don't give em' any ideas. :-)
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited November 2013
    The assisted category with regards to skimmers and such are all about getting info for a station's call and on what frequency. The panafall gives no such information as to the callsign of the station and is not classified as assisted....at least not yet. :) 73 Greg AB7R
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    well, lets make PanFall like cwskimmer, and give calls too
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    It's not out of the question, there's a lot of power under the hood.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited November 2013
    That would be awesome really...but would have to be something that can be toggled in case someone does not want to always be in an assisted class. For me, I would leave it on. :) Even better (SMOP) it can link somehow to a log database such as N1MM and show calls worked in one color and calls unworked in another. And a time out setting so the call labels do not overcrowd the display too much.
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    That's not out of the question, just have to wait till the MM programmers finish their rewrite, then we'll attack all the fun stuff. I'd also like to see interface with DXLAB so that during a contest I can also see what my overall worked database looks like while I'm in a pileup.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    "Working a dxpedition, split, on cw...wow, it's like shooting fish in a barrel" W5XZ During the side by side test that we conducted, The panadapter was one of the biggest plus for the Flex-6x00 that I found. Very easy to maximized when you are looking for a hole during pile ups: Just click and drag the horizontal separator. Last night I decided to work Malpelo and Wake Island. It took very little effort using the panadapter. One or two call and bingo they were in the log. No amplifier no remote station, just a simple Flex-6700 and full size 160-10 meter OCFD or with my 7-el beam. Try it (period)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.