Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

If you are running a laptop to drive the 6300..what processor are you using...thx

Clint Y
Clint Y Member
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
If you are running a laptop to drive the 6300..what processor are you using...thx

Answers

• Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I use a HP Pavilion dv7, which I already had when I got the Flex. It is designed as a multi-media laptop. It has a quad core 2.0 GHz I7 processor and a switchable video processor, which I assume means a dedicated processor as well as the built-in one.
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I have a Dell i7 which works well with the 6000 series rigs, whether you are direct connected or via local wireless....few, if any issues insue if you have properly installed the software. That said, I really like being able to run the 6300 (in my case) portable, hard wired to the laptop when camping, or via local Lan at home. I have very few issues either way, and other than power cable and mic, ready to go.
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    HP Envy I7 12mb here

• Mike Heitmann
    Mike Heitmann Member ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    I use an old Dell XPS 1530 Duo Core Win7 32 bit laptop, or a WinBook TW802 Tablet running Win 10 preview and it works fine with both. But most of the time I use it with the i7, Win 7 64 bit desktop with dual monitors in the shack.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I use a Dell XPS 15Z. It works fine, I7, 8GB mem, 3.2GHz processor. I refuse to hook it up to my system monitors, they are supporting my Linux environment. So the laptop display gets kind of busy. But it works. I've been using it that way for well over a year.
  • Alan Nusso, N4BV
    edited June 2015
    Acer I7 8 Gig with Nividia Video card with 4g VRam
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    HP ENVY dv6 Notebook PC, Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD® A10-4600M 2.3/3.20-GHz processor (1600-MHz FSB, 4.0-MB L2 cache, DDR3, quad core, 6GB total memory
  • Joe, KQ1Q
    Joe, KQ1Q Member
    edited June 2015
    I ran SSDR 1.4.11 on a Toshiba Satellite C655, 2.1Ghz dual-core i3, 8GB RAM, on Windows 7. It was borderline re performance (it is below the FRS-recommended minimum specs). But after I cleaned off all unnecessary programs it ran SSDR via WiFi OK.

I'm now using a 2015 MacBook Pro with 2.8Ghz quad-core i7-4980HQ, 16GB. SSDR runs fine on Windows 8.1 using Boot Camp, also OK under Parallels Desktop 10, with one exception. There is apparently a bug in Parallels whereby a USB or Bluetooth wireless headset will trigger a network slowdown. That is under investigation by Parallels development, and may be unique to the 2015 MacBook Pro.
  • Clint Y
    Clint Y Member
    edited June 2015
    I have a Dell inspiron i7-5500u processor. It is new.bUT i noticed that the cpu was running a 100% when running smart sdr. Come to find out..dells **** bloatware and mcafee Antivirus were the offenders.mcafee was the worst. Uninstalled that **** and now it runs the radio and the processor is at the most 25%.. Thanks for everybody's input.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.