Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Icom 7300 manual

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
If anybody has the Icom 7300, I would be grateful if they could email me the full manual from the CD as only the basic one is available on the Icom site. Of course a link would be fine too.

My email on qth.com is okay. Thanks in advance.

73 de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT

Answers

• ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

Guy

Go here to download Icom manuals:

http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/firm/index.html

Jim

ka7gzr

• John K6VFR
    John K6VFR Member
    edited April 2020
    I guess I'm confused-I thought this was the Flexradio community...
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    John
    It is, and the Community is still just as confused as it's ever been.image
    Why fix it this late in the game?

73, Jay - NO5J
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Although I am against "backup" rigs it is clear if your life is ham radio and you own a Flex 6000/Maestro series during upgrades you may want a backup rig, the  7300 at $1500 is adequate.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    I like my 7300.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for all the links to the manual. It is not currently the intention for the 7300 to be a backup rig, but it is cheap enough to be so. I'll give that option some thought. The 7300 will be more than adequate for my needs. The GUI is very slick and the performance fine. The only downside to buying one is that as soon as I buy a Mk1, a Mk2 will be released soon after - that is just my luck.

@John K6VFR
    We own Flexes and are helping each other ;-).
  • G8ZPX
    G8ZPX Member
    edited July 2016
    Guy,

Plenty of links to the manual already.

You will always get biased views on this forum. Have a look at this youtube video and also talk to some 7300 owners. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kobPg3GKA0I

Personally, I would wait a bit for the 7600SDR.

Cheers,
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    @Burt Ok, I will bite. What could possibly be wrong with owning a backup rig?
  • G8ZPX
    G8ZPX Member
    edited December 2018
    Guy,

I just finished a long skype call with a friend who is close to the 7300 development team. He says they have left plenty of firmware space to incorporate a very high end data terminal solution with matching PC control app, to be released in Q1 next year. So it might be worth a wait and see.

I'd assume that as some data modes demand pretty high processing resources then the CPU must be capable of more too. They are in "detailed talks" with a software developer now for the PC-side UI and control app. Sure would like to have a long look at their schematics.

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Steven, sent email to stop people getting too hot under the collar about non-Flex business.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Steven, that sounds like the current 7300 could be upgraded with that extra functionality so no need to wait?
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Steve, that is absolutely incredible. If the used market is in the $1200-$1300 range it may well be that the 'hit' by upgrading to the next hardware generation would be completely acceptable for those wanting to jump now. Just as the Flex 6000 is redefined in each and every point release, so too might the 7300. TWT, but at $1200...
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Howard there is nothing wrong with having a "backup" rig other than is ham radio so important in your life that if your rig fails you can't wait a few weeks for its repair? Backup is for things like tires, phone, generator, flashlight, computer, extra harddrive, things that cause a real problem if not available. The horror of no ham rig means seeing your wife, children, getting exercise. Do you know why some kids at school call me daddy? Because their real daddy is on his ham radio, or golfing, or at a  bar, or fishing too much.
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I agree with you Burt. This notion that one must always have a working transceiver in ones life is puzzling, because listening on the bands I rarely hear anything that would qualify as anything more than 'I hear you, you are 599, you are in the log, see you later, QRZ'.

W7NGA
    Paris, France
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Obviously nether of you do not have Dx friends that you talk to regularly. I regularly converse with DX Friends. I also have acted as the NA pilot for a couple of Dxpeditions. Need backup. Backup... I live in Fire and Earthquake country. Backup is essential for my family 's safety. I am now 100% solar but even then I have a backup generator Have I had to use my backup systems. Yes 2004 and 2007 San Diego Fires. I also do lots of experimentation and comparative testing without a backup rig my scientific investigations would suffer. Family. Just spent a month in France with a couple of our grown kids and grandkids. I think they are tired of having me around all day. Most nites were spent Remoting -- again backup systems needed because things fail.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.