Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I ordered a 6300 Friday and haven't heard a word. When will it ship?

Steve N4LQ
Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Answers

• John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
    I got an email from Matt at Flex this afternoon and his comment was.... "We are a bit overwhelmed with the amount of orders we received since the announcement of the 6300."  best guess was maybe by the end of next week.....  I sure hope Flex didn't shoot themselves if the foot again after touting a radio that you could get now and didn't have to wait to get.

John
  • Phil Covington
    edited April 2015
    I wonder if they are being shipped in the order that the orders were received?  I can imagine they were overwhelmed with orders.  Just wait until this weekend at Dayton...  They will be super-overwhelmed!

• Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Well I ordered mine as soon as their email arrived so I expected to hear something within 2 biz days. At the price, I could have predicted an overwhelming so that's why i ordered fast. 
  • John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
    I would think and hope they would be shipping according to when the orders were placed.....  If they are overwhelmed NOW.. Dayton is going to be a nightmare for them....Especially it they don't have the radios on hand. Seems they didn't expect the onslaught of orders so fast...Shame they didn't plan for that to happen...
  • Phil Covington
    edited May 2014
    I am sure that Flex is working **** getting the orders out.  Obviously, they are busy with getting set up for Dayton also.  The overwhelming initial orders of the 6300 is a testament to the price and performance point of this radio in the 6000 series.
  • Phil Covington
    edited May 2014
    I know that it is hard to wait, but I'd rather they use the time to ship the radios instead spending their resources emailing everyone who ordered this week and last.  I bet you will get yours soon!
  • Greg - K5GJ
    Greg - K5GJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015

We Just got done with setting up for the Dayton Hamvention and I wanted to post an update on the FLEX-6300 shipping:

Q: What do you do when you throw a party and EVERYONE shows up?

A: Order more cheese dip and turn up the music...

The response to the FLEX-6300 announcement has been nothing short of AMAZING!  We want to thank everyone that stayed up into the middle of the night last Thursday, lurking on the online store waiting for "Whatever is going to ship May 12th" to appear.... What happened next was that you folks jumped on and ordered in big numbers so that we exceeded our initial ship plan by Friday morning.  We’ve also had a great response from our International distributor network and have shipped FLEX-6300s to them in advance of the announcement.

So what about MY radio?

All orders placed before the end of day Friday 5/9 should have shipped by today 5/15 and you should have received your tracking number via email.  For the rest of you, our factory will be streaming radios daily and we will ship them as fast as they come in until we catch up to the tremendous demand.  Our best estimate right now is that we will be caught up with existing orders by the end of May.  

This great surge has exhausted the factory's supply of some important components.   Our factory has already ordered more parts to catch up with demand but we are now in a backlog situation.  If you placed your order before May 15th, we believe have you covered with radios in production now.  If you order today, you should expect shipment in early August.  I know that is a long wait, but it takes that long to fabricate chassis, boards, etc.  I still suggest you get your order in to reserve your place in line. Of course we don't charge your credit card until we ship your radio.  

We will be physically selling and delivering radios and accessories at Dayton this year.  Due to shipping times, the radios for Hamvention actually shipped before the avalanche of FLEX-6300 orders occurred.  We were able to intercept some of the FLEX-6300s and these were shipped to help cover orders placed early. We will still have a small number of radios at the booth... But if you have your heart set on carrying a shiny new FLEX-6300 home, show up early!  We also have FLEX-1500, FLEX-3000, FLEX-6500, and FLEX-6700 radios plus many accessories for FLEX-Series radios here at the booth.  We will also be taking orders in the booth and online if you don't want to haul it home.

Folks, again we really appreciate the incredible response to our newest offering.   We are honored that you have placed your faith in our team and products.  Thanks in advance for your patience as we work through the BEST problem a company could ever have....Too Many Orders!

You can contact me directly at greg@flexradio.com if you have specific questions about your order.  Please note that I will be out of the office at Hamvention until next week so email is best.

Thanks for your support and your business,

Greg - K5GJ

FlexRadio Sales
  • Steve - W1TAV
    Steve - W1TAV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    I too ordered on Friday and recived my Shipping conformation today, of note is was being shipped from Dayton!.. Thanks to all at Flex!
  • James Kirk
    James Kirk Member
    edited May 2014
    I would assume that the planned Dayton sale promotion is no longer going occur then?
  • James Kirk
    James Kirk Member
    edited May 2014
    I answered my own question, free shipping starts today.
  • Phil Covington
    edited October 2019
    Stopped by the Flex booth this morning at Dayton and they were very, very busy.  They had examples of all of the 6000 series - 6300, 6500, 6700, and 6700R on display.  SmartSDR looked beautiful running on the big displays at their booth.  Lot's of interest - I bet they sell tons!

My 6300 arrives this afternoon!
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member
    edited May 2014
    Great stuff,big demand.OK Flexradio when is the IPO?

Bruce  N5FD
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Let us know your impression after you get it on the air Have fun Mike N9DFD
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Glad I placed my order online for a 6500 on Wednesday, then, and "slightly" beat out the Dayton rush.  Who knows when I'll hear anything, or when the radio will show up.  No matter, I have to do some work on my TenTec Orion to get it ready to sell!

73, Duane
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Great to meet you in person this morning, Phil.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The Flex booth was a madhouse today.  The last time I dropped by I ended up in a nice visit with Dave Sumner, K1ZZ.  The Smart Bridge/CW Skimmer demos were awesome.  I can see what my next project is when we get home on Monday.  Looking forward to the banquet tomorrow night....

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    Phil, I was out of the booth for a couple of hours today and missed you -- would love to meet you in person if you are around tomorrow.
  • James Kirk
    James Kirk Member
    edited May 2014
    Could this be the seeds of something good???
  • Phil Covington
    edited May 2014
    Likewise Eric! 
  • Phil Covington
    edited May 2014
    Steve, unfortunately I was only able to attend one day on Friday.  I saw both you and Greg surrounded by potential customers on Friday morning, so I didn't want to take from your time.  Hope to meet you in person next time!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.